• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'll swap in the one I'll get from John on Thursday. If I like it, I'll keep it, if not, I won't :) It's hard to explain how the flat feels "funny" to me. Not bad, just like there should be something more there. Don't know if an arched will fix it, or compund the problem, but we shall see.

I'm gonna use the 1911 at the next FNS, and if weather keeps up like this, I won't be practicing before then to see if the arched hurts my shooting though :)

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Nate,
    I like the flat MSH. It points better for me. If you like the feel of a Glock, you would probably be better off with an arched one. The arched MSH will push the bottom of the grip further out from your palm and will make it point higher. That's my big problems with the Glock frame is that it points way too high for me. The arched MSH does the same thing, just on a smaller scale. It took a few years, but I finally figured I prefer (and shoot better with) the flat MSH and long trigger.
    MSH's are very easy to swap out, if complete. Even if it's just the housing, it only takes a few minutes to swap out the spring cap and pin from housing to housing.

Doug K

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Nate,
    I like the flat MSH. It points better for me. If you like the feel of a Glock, you would probably be better off with an arched one. The arched MSH will push the bottom of the grip further out from your palm and will make it point higher. That's my big problems with the Glock frame is that it points way too high for me. The arched MSH does the same thing, just on a smaller scale. It took a few years, but I finally figured I prefer (and shoot better with) the flat MSH and long trigger.
    MSH's are very easy to swap out, if complete. Even if it's just the housing, it only takes a few minutes to swap out the spring cap and pin from housing to housing.

Doug K

Thanks, that's a pretty good analysis of what I hope it'll do too, so it looks like I'll like it once installed :yesway:

I did a dry run yesterday and it was easy, I've pulled it apart plenty of times, just never taken out the MSH guts. Once I read online how to do it, I was G2G with just some pressure on the spring and a little push of the pin :)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Met John with a friend of mine, great guy and seriously super nice!

I REALLY like the arched MSH. Points much more naturally for me from low-ready, no searching for the front sight.

Top Bottom