• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Just received the email an email newsletter from Dan Coats in response to his position on ObamaCare. I signed up for these emails when I sent email regarding ObamaCare. Didn't find in recent search.

Over the past several weeks, newspapers in Indiana have been filled with stories of companies and school systems that have reduced hours to avoid requirements included in Obamacare.
    The president recently delayed implementation of a key Obamacare component – the employer mandate – until 2015. Unfortunately, this step came too late for many Hoosier workers. In anticipation of the health care law, numerous Indiana employers have been forced to drop employees or cut back their hours to less than 30 hours per week – the threshold at which Obamacare kicks in for companies.
    We need to repeal this law and replace it with step-by-step with reforms that lower costs, increase access to care and empower patients, not bureaucrats. I have voted more than two dozen times to repeal, defund and strip provisions from Obamacare. It is a principle I share with all Republicans, and I will continue to support these efforts.
    Right now, I believe that the best way to avert this coming train wreck is to delay implementation of the Obamacare mandates for a year. This week I introduced legislation, supported by over 30 senators, that would delay the individual mandate until January 2015. In addition, my bill would formally authorize the delay of the employer mandate, which was postponed by the administration without congressional approval.
    I am proud that a fellow Hoosier, Rep. Todd Young (R-Ind.), led this effort in the House of Representatives where he passed similar legislation with the support of both Republicans and several Democrats. I am leading the effort in the Senate to pass this bill so Hoosier families and individuals can have the same relief from Obamacare that businesses have received.
    On Wednesday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) offered my legislation as an amendment to the Energy Efficiency Bill currently under consideration in the Senate. I will continue to work with Sen. McConnell to attach this language as an amendment to legislation coming before the Senate. If Democrats, Republicans and a majority of Americans agree this law is not working, then let’s do something now before Obamacare’s full impact on our economy takes effect.
    Click here or on the image above to watch me discuss this legislation on the Senate floor.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. AT least he is doing something. Whether it is worthwhile or spitting in the wind, time will tell. Which there isn't a whole lot of.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I sent Senator Coats a letter letting him know that I feel that pushing back the individual mandate until after the 2014 election is wrong. Either repeal the whole mess, or let the people see how bad it is so that when the elections come, they take it out on those who voted for it.

Of course that is assuming people remember by the time November rolls around, but with the destruction that obama-care will bring, they will remember.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom