• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Awesome thread. In 18 posts we have the polishing of turds and Dick's, M&A's and even your Momma jokes! Just awesome.

A great addition to your online option is Scheels. I don't know how far south their stores are but they remind me of Galyans. Where they win with me is they often have free shipping on orders of $50 or more and some good deals on certain brands I like.

Another chain that truly makes you love them is Mills Fleet Farm. Contrast that to the local hostility in WI towards Gander Mtn. and Mills takes on cult like status. Farm, hardware, guns, all things outdoors and even some indoor ranges. Owners support 3 gun and love 2A. Sign up for their email deals. Great customer service on the phone too.

Our retail experience or as I call it the local mall on wheels comes on FedEx and UPS. Whenever we drive the 100+ miles to any of the nearest airports, I always hit grocery store and Mills, Scheels if there is time.

Ever notice the only people smiling in an airport are kids? You can get that loving feeling of adventure back when you walk in to a Mills store.........with Money to burn.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Would be interesting. I think Bass Pro has better fishing gear. I think Cabela's brand is better than Bass Pro's brand. Cabela's has a much better reloading and ammo selection and prices. Plus Cabela's runs really good sales.

BP should buy Gander Mtn. Win-win-win situation. Turd gets buried, BP expands and we still have Cabelas.

:+1:

I seem to be a bigger fan of Cabelas as far as where I tend to buy, and I'd love to see Gander turn around...

I am going to go to the Bass Pro down in Memphis this winter though, I am actually pretty pumped about it!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'd kind of like to not see Bass Pro acquire Cabela's. I've been a long time Cabelaa's customer and really came to like them for the ir customer service and order handling. No real experience with BP. But my concern is that what I know to be good might get watered down.

I recall when Galyans was taken over a number of yearss ago. In my opiiinion it went way downhill after that.

Gander used to be a really nice mail order place but they sold that off to Cabela's. That enabled Cabela's to really grow. (It was not, as stated above, what got them started.) But they did really expand after that.

I just recently found out about Scheels and went ot one of their stores in West Des Moines back in August. It was GREAT! I would really like to see them expand.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wait, is this another thread about Dick's? Just wait until VitaminK hears Dick's is under discussion again. He sure loves talking about Dick's. It's just Dick's, Dick's, Dick's with that guy.

[video=youtube;hPZ9kidioi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=hPZ9kidioi8[/video]

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Maybe some don't remember, Cabela's bought out Gander Mountains mail order business to get started. I would be totally against it but seeing as the Dems are in control it could happen as they seem to think that bigger is better as there are fewer to regulate.....

I'm remembering Overton's in the mix somewhere?

But I am a bear of small mind and easily confused.

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't think this would be a good move. There needs to be competition. It's just like back in the day when Dick's bought out Galyans. Galyans was awesome had some great gear in there. There needs to be competition. I personally like Cabela's better than Bass Pro.

Top Bottom