• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The trouble is where to draw the line. Wanting to do something and actually doing it are not the same thing. I'm not a doctor and privacy law prevent doctors from giving me their medical history. It's a fine fine line. There is no easy answer sadly.

I realize this. It is a hard bridge to cross but eventually someone has to cross it. We all see the issue. We all know what "Needs" to be done.
    No, the answer is easy it is implementing the answer that is the problem.
    No trying to start an argument as you are correct in how you see it but again, we have to do something.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As to an individuals rights. Do those rights not cease to exist if we can not function normally in society and follow its rules. Either by choice or inability (insane etc.) to co-exist.

For most of our history, absolutely. Today when people invent reasons to fear the government for profit or as a hobby, when states would rather build sports complexes than keep asylums open, and when public opinion views asylums as "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" then no. If INGO is any judge of public reaction, no one is qualified to decide if you're a threat and it will inevitably be abused for political gain. Even if you're violently mentally ill or having hallucinations, that's not mentioned in the 2nd amendment and is infringing, and of course who are we to deny you the right to self defense, even if you're biggest threat is from yourself.

Top Bottom