• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gee, I don't know. How about honoring the oath to protect and defend the Constitution for starters?

Politicians are nothing but parasitical scum.

That is a great place to start. Of course it is.

Now, in this political climate, surrounded by jackals hyenas and the MSM how does anyone......including you, get this accomplished. When at every turn he is scrutinized like no other POTUS that comes to memory. Ronny was ran through the ringer but nothing even close to this.
    He is beaten down for anything he does. Even dropping a million of his own money in Texas to aid those flooded out of their homes. Not enough they screamed. How does anything get accomplished in that cesspool.

I do not agree with a lot of what he does but then again he is running this like a business not a political office.
    Is he correct in everything he does........."NO" but he is at least following through. He gets zero points for this.

Again, and no knock directly on you, *****ing and moaning gets nothing done. Nothing.
    Are you active at any level in defending our 2-A. Freedom comes with a price tag. It always has. The price is rising every day. The wolves are at the perimeter.

As to honor. Find me any up on the hill. It exists of course but find me some. Please. All of those in elected office take an oath. Lets take a poll as to who is following this path.

When swimming in a cesspool of corruption it is hard to make any real ground towards daylight. 1 man is not going to fix this. Hell 10 like minded good men are not going to fix this. A ground zero house cleaning is the start. Clean house. 2 terms in the chair and then you take your ass home. Clean out/eliminate the alphabet soup created to make law outside the legal paths set by the founders. Limit lobbyists access and power. Restructure campaign finances. This is where we need to start but alas, everybody blames Trump.

I am a realist in that we will never right this ship. I detest the Gov. and see it as a huge malignant tumor sucking the life out of this country. Only Joe Biden can cure this Cancer. Just ask him about it.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    POTUS is going to give in some and stand strong on other issues. He is a puritan in mind and thought, meaning he just wants everyone to get along. He will give in on red flag laws and advance further NICS directives. A friend of the 2A, he is not. I can only hope that he does the right thing. ~~"One Man's Opinion!"

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    That is a great place to start. Of course it is.

Now, in this political climate, surrounded by jackals hyenas and the MSM how does anyone......including you, get this accomplished. When at every turn he is scrutinized like no other POTUS that comes to memory. Ronny was ran through the ringer but nothing even close to this.
    He is beaten down for anything he does. Even dropping a million of his own money in Texas to aid those flooded out of their homes. Not enough they screamed. How does anything get accomplished in that cesspool.

I do not agree with a lot of what he does but then again he is running this like a business not a political office.
    Is he correct in everything he does........."NO" but he is at least following through. He gets zero points for this.

Again, and no knock directly on you, *****ing and moaning gets nothing done. Nothing.
    Are you active at any level in defending our 2-A. Freedom comes with a price tag. It always has. The price is rising every day. The wolves are at the perimeter.

As to honor. Find me any up on the hill. It exists of course but find me some. Please. All of those in elected office take an oath. Lets take a poll as to who is following this path.

When swimming in a cesspool of corruption it is hard to make any real ground towards daylight. 1 man is not going to fix this. Hell 10 like minded good men are not going to fix this. A ground zero house cleaning is the start. Clean house. 2 terms in the chair and then you take your ass home. Clean out/eliminate the alphabet soup created to make law outside the legal paths set by the founders. Limit lobbyists access and power. Restructure campaign finances. This is where we need to start but alas, everybody blames Trump.

I am a realist in that we will never right this ship. I detest the Gov. and see it as a huge malignant tumor sucking the life out of this country. Only Joe Biden can cure this Cancer. Just ask him about it.

Hell yes! Well said. That's the truth right there. :yesway:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I too am a realist...and recognize this listing ship will continue to sink.

Isaac Davis was also a realist...and made sure he and others were prepared.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll try my best MrJarrell impression...eh--hmm....Well, at least when Obama was in office, the republicans would fake their loyalty to the 2A.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    WTF would any of us do in his position.

We expected the Republicans to not budge one bit during Obama's administration and they didn't. There was tremendous pressure for legislation. The pressure Trump is feeling is no different than what has been felt in the past. Difference is, he's not interested in holding fast, he's trying to play both sides.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We expected the Republicans to not budge one bit during Obama's administration and they didn't. There was tremendous pressure for legislation. The pressure Trump is feeling is no different than what has been felt in the past. Difference is, he's not interested in holding fast, he's trying to play both sides.

This... No excuses! VETO that which infringes.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Pretty much.

Let me just ask those who are in the "I told you so" category what would you do if in his chair. The opposition is overwhelming. The pressures are immense. The man can not take a crap with out it being analyzed and shouts of "Its not enough" so yes, what would you do.

I am not happy about any of this but seriously......WTF would any of us do in his position.

The answer is to push the long term power mongers out of the seats of power. Both sides. Until we do this one man will not save us all. Wake up folks. Stop *****ing and start getting active. Ya-all are killing me.

Been the case since our founding.

The only fault is people not holding politicians accountable for their actions. Voting isn't exactly going to change much if there still remains no worse consequence than having to run for a different seat.

Politicians are now more scared of corporate owned media than they are their constituents.
    This was much more effective:
    gettyimages-102171427.jpg

Until the mindsets and spines involved in the image above make a reawakening in this country, the ship is going to keep sinking and no amount of voting will matter. This country wasn't set up to have powerful politicians towering over sheepish constituents, and this is why voting will never change fundamental problems, like politicians throwing your rights in the trash. It was set up so that the people instilled the fear of God in politicians to such a degree they had second thoughts about toying with rights.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Can not disagree but his people (:lmfao:) are not staying this course either. The Republicans are not on his side. The Dems are not on his side.

But then again, does he actually have a side......?????

I do not want to come off as a Trump boot licker. No where near just saying what would any of us do in this position with pretty much zero backing. The resistance is far wider and deeper that 1 man.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Can not disagree but his people (:lmfao:) are not staying this course either. The Republicans are not on his side. The Dems are not on his side.

But then again, does he actually have a side......?????

I do not want to come off as a Trump boot licker. No where near just saying what would any of us do in this position with pretty much zero backing. The resistance is far wider and deeper that 1 man.

The problem is (as was discussed muchly in the 2016 election cycle) Trump is not an ideologue. He's not by nature a conservative or libertarian. If we had such a person in office, I'd wager that person would be out front, using the bully pulpit to argue against these proposed laws, presenting the case for liberty and less government, why existing gun laws have failed us, etc. Instead, it appears we have a deal maker doing swampish things--floating ideas to get a deal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been the case since our founding.

The only fault is people not holding politicians accountable for their actions. Voting isn't exactly going to change much if there still remains no worse consequence than having to run for a different seat.

Politicians are now more scared of corporate owned media than they are their constituents.
    This was much more effective:
    gettyimages-102171427.jpg

Until the mindsets and spines involved in the image above make a reawakening in this country, the ship is going to keep sinking and no amount of voting will matter. This country wasn't set up to have powerful politicians towering over sheepish constituents, and this is why voting will never change fundamental problems, like politicians throwing your rights in the trash. It was set up so that the people instilled the fear of God in politicians to such a degree they had second thoughts about toying with rights.

When people actually had back bones.
    The emasculation of the "A" male is wide spread.
    I have my package and I intend to keep it.
    Far to many girly-men let the spouse carry theirs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The problem is (as was discussed muchly in the 2016 election cycle) Trump is not an ideologue. He's not by nature a conservative or libertarian. If we had such a person in office, I'd wager that person would be out front, using the bully pulpit to argue against these proposed laws, presenting the case for liberty and less government, why existing gun laws have failed us, etc. Instead, it appears we have a deal maker doing swampish things--floating ideas to get a deal.

Good points my friend. As always.
    Now....lets go over to FB and make some snowflakes cry OK.....:):

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    2 terms in the chair and then you take your ass home.

Term limits won't give you the desired affects you are looking for. I live in Michigan and we have term limits on our State offices, 6 years for the House, 8 years for the Senate, Governor, AG, and Sec. of State. Does it eliminate the number of liberals holding office on the east side of the State, who are the bane of my existence? No. Does it eliminate the number of conservatives on the west side of the State who hold office? No. It really doesn't change anything. What is changed is the loss of institutional memory because of the constant change. You have departments within the State government waiting out "termed" elected officials because of political differences(usually liberal), and you have an increase in lobbying activity. You end up with a government run on a more activist mentality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Term limits won't give you the desired affects you are looking for. I live in Michigan and we have term limits on our State offices, 6 years for the House, 8 years for the Senate, Governor, AG, and Sec. of State. Does it eliminate the number of liberals holding office on the east side of the State, who are the bane of my existence? No. Does it eliminate the number of conservatives on the west side of the State who hold office? No. It really doesn't change anything. What is changed is the loss of institutional memory because of the constant change. You have departments within the State government waiting out "termed" elected officials because of political differences(usually liberal), and you have an increase in lobbying activity. You end up with a government run on a more activist mentality.

Makes sense but in my post I mentioned limits put on lobby activity which I suppose like limiting abortion would just drive it under ground and out of site.

30 plus years in power has made these **** heads invulnerable to us. They have created an alphabet soup of agency's making what surmounts to law outside the normal paths laid out for this. Judges doing the same thing.

I guess we are just screwed. Not touting rebellion but maybe Tombs has a solid point here.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Makes sense but in my post I mentioned limits put on lobby activity which I suppose like limiting abortion would just drive it under ground and out of site.

30 plus years in power has made these **** heads invulnerable to us. They have created an alphabet soup of agency's making what surmounts to law outside the normal paths laid out for this. Judges doing the same thing.

I guess we are just screwed. Not touting rebellion but maybe Tombs has a solid point here.

Progressivism has be chipping away at the original foundations of this country for over a hundred years. We've been the proverbial frog sitting in a kettle of water.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Of course I do, it's laid out in the declaration of independence and the constitution, not to mention countless federalist papers.

If the people refuse to mow the grass, it's going to become full of snakes. Voting your opinion on whether you like snakes or not won't get rid of the tall grass or the snakes. Voting the snakes out of the tall grass won't matter, because more snakes will come and fill it. The only thing that will solve the problem is mowing the grass.

We haven't mowed the grass in 244 years, and we're all scratching our heads wondering why it's full of snakes. Isn't the answer obvious?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of course I do, it's laid out in the declaration of independence and the constitution, not to mention countless federalist papers.

If the people refuse to mow the grass, it's going to become full of snakes. Voting your opinion on whether you like snakes or not won't get rid of the tall grass or the snakes. Voting the snakes out of the tall grass won't matter, because more snakes will come and fill it. The only thing that will solve the problem is mowing the grass.

We haven't mowed the grass in 244 years, and we're all scratching our heads wondering why it's full of snakes. Isn't the answer obvious?

It is and has been to many of us for some time now. Thing is the man bun skinny jeans eye liner black nail polish wearing girly man has been bred not to step up. Diminished package size. No ball.
    But we must maintain decorum in the open Forum. Please.

Top Bottom