• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Perhaps your inability to access from your lone IP address was not high on the list of priorities for the very small number of unpaid, volunteer people in a position to address it. Regardless, the manner in which you went about demanding service was...abrasive...and not well-received. Perhaps in the future you could consider an alternative way of requesting assistance?

I think that some of my messages were more an attempt to shine the light on how we as users felt Anthony was speaking to us. I dont know if youve read the whole thread here or what. But if you have any doubt about how Anthonys post has been perceived by us feel free to check out the rep comments I received for calling him out for having a bad attitude. As for not being at the top of the list of things to fix, thats fine! I dont mind that in the least! But I do mind being (how we perceived) Anthonys tone towards us, then when I had a problem that no one said I word for DAYS. Had a single person said, "oh damn thats odd .. let us look in to it." I would have been happy with that.

Now, because I know things can be misread on the internet I want you to know that I get that this is your house and were just guests. That's ok with me and Ill play by your rules and I appreciate the fact that you invite us all over. But you cant let someone in, then let your "friends" (using that term in place of the mod staff) treat them poorly and expect them to hang their head and say thank you, may I have another. If I was out of line in anyway I apologize, but I do not apologize for saying anything about how rude and abbrasive Anthony has been (at least in this thread).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think that some of my messages were more an attempt to shine the light on how we as users felt Anthony was speaking to us. I dont know if youve read the whole thread here or what. But if you have any doubt about how Anthonys post has been perceived by us feel free to check out the rep comments I received for calling him out for having a bad attitude. As for not being at the top of the list of things to fix, thats fine! I dont mind that in the least! But I do mind being (how we perceived) Anthonys tone towards us, then when I had a problem that no one said I word for DAYS. Had a single person said, "oh damn thats odd .. let us look in to it." I would have been happy with that.

Now, because I know things can be misread on the internet I want you to know that I get that this is your house and were just guests. That's ok with me and Ill play by your rules and I appreciate the fact that you invite us all over. But you cant let someone in, then let your "friends" (using that term in place of the mod staff) treat them poorly and expect them to hang their head and say thank you, may I have another. If I was out of line in anyway I apologize, but I do not apologize for saying anything about how rude and abbrasive Anthony has been (at least in this thread).

In this thread, I counted 39 posts by you, almost all of them complaining that you cannot access INGO from your specific IP address and complaining about the staff, ending your list of complaints with "I've actually stopping coming here." and "Good job pushing members away INGO!" A very small number of your posts had to deal with Anthony. If you had a problem with a specific staff member, then you could have brought it up to Fenway in private instead of calling him out in public.

Now, I find myself in the unpleasant position of being the one to deal with this connection problem of yours, acting as a go-between amongst no less than seven different actors, because so far it has been unsolvable by the people currently trying to fix it. And I have to tell you that since I am not actually a member of the staff, I really find myself not having the inclination.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Now that my issue is resolved, we can focus on the more important issues that effect us all, like fixing the gay smiley problem. Where did these guys come from? :);):D:eek: they are kinda
    icon_lame.gif

And how do we get these guys back?
    smile.gif
    icon_wink.gif
    biggrin.gif
    eek.gif

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Now that my issue is resolved, we can focus on the more important issues that effect us all, like fixing the gay smiley problem. Where did these guys come from? :);):D:eek: they are kinda
    icon_lame.gif

smile.gif
    icon_wink.gif
    biggrin.gif
    eek.gif

Now this I can agree with. I assume it has nothing to do with IP addresses or ones choice in browsers :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    icon_lame.gif

smile.gif
    icon_wink.gif
    biggrin.gif
    eek.gif

Now this I can agree with. I assume it has nothing to do with IP addresses or ones choice in browsers :)

Me too. Here's hoping 2.0 resolves this nagging problem. :D

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    In this thread, I counted 39 posts by you, almost all of them complaining that you cannot access INGO from your specific IP address and complaining about the staff, ending your list of complaints with "I've actually stopping coming here." and "Good job pushing members away INGO!" A very small number of your posts had to deal with Anthony. If you had a problem with a specific staff member, then you could have brought it up to Fenway in private instead of calling him out in public.

Now, I find myself in the unpleasant position of being the one to deal with this connection problem of yours, acting as a go-between amongst no less than seven different actors, because so far it has been unsolvable by the people currently trying to fix it. And I have to tell you that since I am not actually a member of the staff, I really find myself not having the inclination.

All of that sounds true enough, but you know how we could have avoided it all? A single post from a Mod stating that they have heard the complaint and are looking into it. Had anyone said something to that effect I would have said, "Thanks!" Then I'd have jumped on the Smiley Face band wagon. The Mods are the go-between here and they never went between they just ignored us so long that we ended up being obnoxious about it and because someone didn't do the job that you gave them you and I are in this mess.

Instead of being upset with me for being vocal about a problem that I honestly felt was being ignored why not scold me once and then go to the people to whom you've put in charge of taking care of this stuff? I know if I didn't do my job and someone else had to step in because I let things get out of hand they wouldn't be mad at the user (annoyed sure) but it's not the end users fault that I didn't do my job.

After all this time of feeling like I was being ignored, I have you being upset at me like it's my fault. It's not a welcoming feeling and continues to make me feel like I am not wanted here. Obviously, if you really didn't want me here you could make that happen. But sometimes people don't take the most direct route. But, I guess if I am to be painted the bad guy here, then so be it, it's not like I can change your minds about me. If you can fix the issue with my not being able to reach the site, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you choose not to, I guess I will survive.

I honestly wasn't ever here to stir up trouble, I saw another member treating many others like crap so I spoke up about it. Then when I had an issue it felt like I was being purposely ignored and here we are. I feel like you did not ever look at it from my perspective and instantly jumped on me as the villain, when I never felt like I did anything wrong. I guess I will just unsub this thread, so if anyone has anything they want to direct at me feel free to PM. I don't feel these posts are constructive anymore so there's no reason to continue posting about it.

Now, back to what's really important. What happened to everyone's favorite smiley faces!!!
    smile.gif
    icon_wink.gif
    biggrin.gif
    eek.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was just checking in to this thread to see if I was the only one not receiving e-mail notifications for thread updates? Seems as though I am not. I have not received a notification since Sunday midnight. Hopefully this will get turned back on pretty soon?

Yes Greg, I am subscribed to a LOT of threads, over many years. I've grown quite used to the notifications and miss them a lot.:(
    :rockwoot:Yeah, I just discovered that miraculously I'm receiving emails for thread updates and presumably PMs now. Thank you AnthonyG!

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Why is the newest version so wide? It's like it's in Landscape format. I have to reduce the screensize to make everything fit on one page, then the font is so small it's impossible to read. It's literally 4 inches (I measured) off the edges. As it is, it's impossible to read a thread as more than half of a post (with font and resolution set as normal) out to the right. Hoefully there are a lot more tweaks on the way that will make the site usable and readable like it use to be. As it is, it's literally an instant headache inducer. I've been staying away during all the changes, looks like I'll have to wait a little more

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Perhaps your inability to access from your lone IP address was not high on the list of priorities for the very small number of unpaid, volunteer people in a position to address it. Regardless, the manner in which you went about demanding service was...abrasive...and not well-received. Perhaps in the future you could consider an alternative way of requesting assistance?
    I understand where you're coming from - but the way this has been handled is atrocious at best.

I'm not afraid to step forward and share my opinion, even if I disagree with the moderation team or the administration team.

The traceroutes provided by the affected users show clearly that the connectivity issue is not on the user/ISP side of things. I know this - because I have my own network hosting tens of thousands of individual domains and have plenty of experience working with this sort of thing. The traceroutes provided clearly show connectivity all the way into HiVelocity where they then time out/fail. HiVelocity is the facility that houses the server for INGO. The sheer fact that it makes it all the way into the network and fails on the last hop, which in this case, is the server itself indicates that the issue is on the server.

My traceroute takes the exact same path, however, my traffic is not being dropped by the server:
    Code:
    C:\Users\Michael>tracert ingunowners.com

Tracing route to ingunowners.com [198.178.120.197]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2    40 ms    27 ms    61 ms  c-69-243-168-1.hsd1.in.comcast.net [69.243.168.1]
      3    13 ms     9 ms    10 ms  te-0-1-0-1-sur01.beechgrove.in.indiana.comcast.net [68.87.209.137]
      4    17 ms    19 ms    31 ms  te-0-11-0-0-ar01.indianapolis.in.indiana.comcast.net [69.139.185.9]
      5    20 ms    16 ms    20 ms  pos-1-14-0-0-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net [68.87.231.17]
      6    17 ms    35 ms    19 ms  68.86.94.125
      7    74 ms    22 ms    35 ms  he-1-3-0-0-cr01.chicago.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.88.29]
      8    83 ms    37 ms    52 ms  xe-10-1-0.edge1.Chicago2.Level3.net [4.71.248.17]
      9    72 ms    70 ms    70 ms  4.69.158.234
     10    69 ms    71 ms    69 ms  ae-14-14.ebr1.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.151.118]
     11    70 ms    68 ms    66 ms  ae-1-12.bar2.Tampa1.Level3.net [4.69.137.117]
     12   106 ms    70 ms    86 ms  ae-0-11.bar1.Tampa1.Level3.net [4.69.137.109]
     13    71 ms    99 ms    71 ms  HIVELOCITY.bar1.Tampa1.Level3.net [4.53.172.2]
     14    76 ms    70 ms    72 ms  ve225.ds01-r136.tpa.hivelocity.net [206.51.235.212]
    [U][I][B] 15    71 ms    72 ms    73 ms  198-178-120-197.static.hvvc.us [198.178.120.197][/B][/I][/U]

Trace complete.
    Versus:
    x0Yep.jpg

If I had to speculate, they were blocked either on the local server [likely IPTables] or within the network provided to INGO [such as if INGO has a hardware firewall of some sort]. It's easy for a server administrator to troubleshoot when provided the IP and access to the server.

I understand the moderation team wouldn't be able to resolve this, however, those that can resolve it seemed to have been overlooking, intentionally or not, the issue. Those that could investigate the issue could do so, if properly skilled, in moments. Troubleshooting such an issue is not something that should take more than a couple minutes. The sheer fact that anybody implies that it's a complicated issue with extensive troubleshooting also implies that person has likely done very little server administration.

I'm not here to put anybody down, but simply giving my third party outside view of the situation.

If I have one piece of advice for the Administration and Moderation teams on this forum: Don't treat somebody reporting an issue as though they're going out of their way to make your day crappy. While it may be annoying - when a user has a legitimate issue ignoring them is not going to cause that issue to go away and most issues do not resolve themselves.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Problem with IE 10 on the main page. The search field hovers over the Staff Online button. It is fine on the individual forums pages.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    wow you guys need to look outside and go play or somthing. Way to serious in here for havin fun on the net. Seeing way to many full multi paragraph posts. Time for a lame smiley ;)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    There is a new thread for problems such as this and I believe (and I could very well be incorrect, would not be the first time, will not be the last time...) it is the only one being monitored by AG.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5707-new-style-problems-report-them-here.html
    Sorry, haven't really been browsing the forums in the last several weeks so I hadn't seen that. I see the issue I brought up is already addressed there so no need for me to make another post there. I appreciate you pointing it out in this thread though.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    On my Iphone 5 when i use Safari, in the classifiends, the Class 3 section and the ammo section have huge font compared to all the other classifieds sections.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    When attempting to change my user title, or reset it, I get the following error:
    "A required field called State is missing or has an invalid value."

FF 22

Top Bottom