Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm sorry, but that is unpossible. We all know that the Republican party is the party of racist bigots, so why would they implement measures that disproportionately assists People of Color rather than harms them?
    https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/default/files/chicago2014.pdf

rt_zpsugp8wk0o.png

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    'Cause at least a few of them are sane and compassionate human beings? By and large it is rare to see a so-called conservative republican do anything that leads to a better outcome in the war on drugs.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Starting to think I should have used purple instead of relying solely on the dripping sarcasm

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No more going to jail in Illinois for having 10 or less grams (that a bit over .35 ounces. Not much at all). It's a step in the right direction, but a baby step. More than can usually be expected from a republican governor, though. Kudos to him for at least trying. Fewer lives ruined for simple possession is a good thing.

Rauner reduces punishment for minor pot possession from jail to citation - Chicago Tribune

Outlawing marijuana was proposed by a Democrat with the the Marijuana tax Act of 1937, Robert L. Doughton (DNC) on May 11, 1937.
    And signed into law by a Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt on August 2, 1937.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Outlawing marijuana was proposed by a Democrat with the the Marijuana tax Act of 1937, Robert L. Doughton (DNC) on May 11, 1937.
    And signed into law by a Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt on August 2, 1937.

at this point, what does it matter?

You'll probably next try to convince us that the democrats did everything in their power to block to civil rights act and did a huge filibuster to block equal rights.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    What's the big deal? When's the last time anyone in Illinois was actually convicted of anything, including armed robbery, before they came down to Indiana and we had to deal with them?

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have made several business trips to Colorado and a personal business trip to Washington this year. Despite Pot being legal for recreation use, the wheels haven't fallen off in either state. Their biggest problem seems to be handling all the cash from the taxes paid.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Starting to think I should have used purple instead of relying solely on the dripping sarcasm

No. It's much more interesting when people brashly reply to it. Especially when everyone else gets it. The only time I use purple is when it's a very sensitive topic and I don't want anyone to misunderstand my intentions. Otherwise, it's kinda fun when they do.

I have made several business trips to Colorado and a personal business trip to Washington this year. Despite Pot being legal for recreation use, the wheels haven't fallen off in either state. Their biggest problem seems to be handling all the cash from the taxes paid.

On a recent vacation I stayed in both Denver and Vancouver WA, I thought it was rather unnoticeable, except after my brother-in-law pointed out one of "recreational marijuana dispensaries", in his apparent disapproval--and he's a progressive. It was in a fairly affluent urban of Denver. It had a nice store front that blended very well with the other businesses. I asked him if he prefers "drug houses" be more traditional looking.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    No. It's much more interesting when people brashly reply to it. Especially when everyone else gets it. The only time I use purple is when it's a very sensitive topic and I don't want anyone to misunderstand my intentions. Otherwise, it's kinda fun when they do.
    CkaudER.jpg

And the war on drugs was given to us by by Richard Nixon, a republican, in an effort to go after black Americans and hippies. What's your point?
    And under Democrat President Clinton the total numbers of state and federal inmates grew more rapidly than under any other president, including the notorious Republican drug warriors Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush.

https://newrepublic.com/article/129433/clintons-war-drugs-black-lives-didnt-matter

What's your point?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    And the war on drugs was given to us by by Richard Nixon, a republican, in an effort to go after black Americans and hippies. What's your point?

That FDR and Nixon are moral equivalents?

At least Nixon didn't saddle the US with a ponzi scheme masquerading as public benefit, nor did he pass an enormous 2d Amendment infringement. Nixon comes off better-looking every day!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And under Democrat President Clinton the total numbers of state and federal inmates grew more rapidly than under any other president, including the notorious Republican drug warriors Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush.

https://newrepublic.com/article/129433/clintons-war-drugs-black-lives-didnt-matter

What's your point?
    Never said any dems didn't make things worse. It's been one of my primary criticisms of Hillary and her dirtbag husband. It's irrelevant to what is happening in Illinois.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Never said any dems didn't make things worse. It's been one of my primary criticisms of Hillary and her dirtbag husband. It's irrelevant to what is happening in Illinois.
    So a Republican helping undo the damage that was caused by Clinton's presidency - and the increased rates of incarceration of minorities - is irrelevant. But Reagan making things worse after Roosevelt is relevant... okay then.

Top Bottom