• ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Republican Party Favorability Sinks to Record Low

Somewhat surprised this hasn't been posted here. Only a little bit though.

I'm shocked...shocked, I tell you! :lmfao:

21 of 25 news stories on the non-Fox networks blame the Republicans for the shutdown, the other 4 blame both parties, and NONE blame the Democrats.
    PRAVDA supports the liberals and lies to the people with what they report and don't report.
    Is it any wonder the low-information people dislike Republicans?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Self-identified Republicans are more than twice as likely to view their own party unfavorably (27%) as Democrats are to see their own party unfavorably (13%).

That 14% difference would close much of that gap. Wonder why they're viewed less favorably? Between them driving away constitutional conservatives and the democrats' professional propagandists, it's no wonder.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes because only the superior-minded "high-information" people are Republicans.

The "superior-minded "high-information" people" are the ones who can tell you why Andrew Luck makes more money than a third grade teacher.
    They also know the TINSTAAFL principle.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The only reason for a pole is to sway what YOU think, polls are useless to the public other than for that very reason, and every single "poll" showing republicans arent favored are fixed. They have more democrats in the polls, a huge number of gov't employees that is unrealistic in the percentage of the polls, the point is that polls have been wrong, alot, especially when done by a liberal news organization, as the huge majority of them are, but they are effective, as people believe this and go along with it as not to appear stupid.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    Oh yeah, I disagree with the majority here so I must be an idiot.

chant with me

[h=1]From each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    [/h]
    [h=1]From each according to his ability, to each according to his need[/h]

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I think it is interesting that Boehner:
    -being 1/12 children
    -blue collar roots; worked in the family business at an early age (a bar) inevitably dealing with people
    -has been elected several times albeit in a heavily GOP area in Ohio

...manages to have such a bad connect with the people. It seems he comes off aloof in every press release/interview. I do believe that it will be devastating to the GOP if this shutdown was for the defunding/year delay of O-Care and they do not achieve that result. It is difficult at this point to discern what they are truly after.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think it is interesting that Boehner:
    -being 1/12 children
    -blue collar roots; worked in the family business at an early age (a bar) inevitably dealing with people
    -has been elected several times albeit in a heavily GOP area in Ohio

...manages to have such a bad connect with the people. It seems he comes off aloof in every press release/interview. I do believe that it will be devastating to the GOP if this shutdown was for the defunding/year delay of O-Care and they do not achieve that result. It is difficult at this point to discern what they are truly after.

It seems to me that many of the Republicans ran on a campaign of stopping "Obamacare."
    They couldn't repeal it, so they tried defunding it.
    When that didn't work, they compromised and tried to delay the requirement that people buy it for a year; they tried to give the people the same break that businesses got.
    When that didn't work, they compromised and tried to get all White House appointee's under Obamacare.

Now that none of those have worked, they are trying to have a short term continuing resolution to "reopen" the government and raise the debt ceiling until sometime in November and begin having talks on reducing spending.

All the while, Harry Reid and the media chant. "Republicans refuse to compromise." This from the Senate leader who has refused to allow a house passed budget to be debated in the senate. The last budget this country had was signed by George W. Bush.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    ^Agreed...

I also believe Reid is adding another layer protecting this policy, thus insulating his party's leader. Risky, considering he narrowly won his seat...

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Now that none of those have worked, they are trying to have a short term continuing resolution to "reopen" the government and raise the debt ceiling until sometime in November and begin having talks on reducing spending.

It seems to me that, considering they've tried to repeal, de-fund, or amend the ACA 30+ times, this is the first time they've had something powerful enough to bargain with that they're kind of getting somewhere. However, it looks like all they're doing is losing popularity and potentially putting the global economy in danger by threatening to default. Remember, the last time default was even hinted at caused the US to lose it's AAA rating from S&P.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    every single "poll" showing republicans arent favored are fixed.

How is that? How is it possible that every one of them is fixed? If Republicans wanted to show they still have faith in their party, wouldn't results like these motivate them to participate in polls to alter the results in their favor?

Top Bottom