• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    and all the press has to talk about is giffords showing up to vote for the bill...

News from The Associated Press

Edit to add, even if they had made a deal and increased the debt just a little, they could have made it an ELECTION issue. They just gave obama a PASS on the debt and stuck it on the next president and congress. f' them!

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Solutions?

Devil's advocate: what transpires when the Republicans sabotage the bill and nothing is done?

Good question. Inquiring minds want to know. What would be your solution short of shutting everything down and bringing about the apocalypse everyone on here is talking about sooner rather than later? :dunno:

Just asking. :cool:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Absolutely disgusting what we are letting our political representatives do to our republic.

I'm in the process of reading a biography of John Adams.... it is truly sad how far we have strayed from our founding principles.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Good question. Inquiring minds want to know. What would be your solution short of shutting everything down and bringing about the apocalypse everyone on here is talking about sooner rather than later? :dunno:

Stop parroting the lies of the main stream media. You sound like Chris Mathews.

Nothing would 'shut down'. Limiting a some services now and scaling back NOW is far more preferential than a complete meltdown down the road.

Unless you are about to die and could care less about the country and any children/nephews/nieces or family that will be around to deal with your "pass the buck to the next guy because I won't have to deal with it" mentality.

I plan on being alive for a few more decades and I actually care about my children's future.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    When your Federal Reserve Notes aren't worth the paper they're printed on, just be glad that we didn't "default". Thanks Republicans!

children-playing-with-money.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have to ask...

What if 100% Democrats were responsible for raising the debt ceiling? Then we'd be hearing all this about how "Demoncrats" are plotting to collapse the country and implement communism. When Republicans do the same damn thing in overwhelming numbers, the excuses come out of the woodwork for why we should forgive them; they had to do it.

Frankly I think both parties at large are hell-bent on turning me into a debt slave.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Stop parroting the lies of the main stream media. You sound like Chris Mathews.

Nothing would 'shut down'. Limiting a some services now and scaling back NOW is far more preferential than a complete meltdown down the road.

Unless you are about to die and could care less about the country and any children/nephews/nieces or family that will be around to deal with your "pass the buck to the next guy because I won't have to deal with it" mentality.

I plan on being alive for a few more decades and I actually care about my children's future.

Not parroting lies. I can come up with some whoppers of my own thank you! And that is more or less what I was asking you to do. I am wanting to hear specifically what reductions in which services you would make and exactly how you would go about it. I am hoping someone has that kind of answer so that it can be communicated to those who will implement it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh well, I kind of like Chinese food. Hopefully every day will be a buffet.

Who is John Galt? He'll fix what the repubs refuse to.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Reductions anywhere in the governments budget will be unpopular with one group or another. The biggest problem I see is the longer they cutbacks are put off, the more dependent those groups will be on taxpayers money, the cut backs will have to be even more dramatic to have similar effect, and the more groups of people will be effected. The government machine has been out of control for far too long for things to be changed overnight, but if there isnt a course correction soon, the entire thing will go over the edge.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's the new republican theme song.

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Butane in my veins and I’m out to cut the junkie
    With the plastic eyeballs, spray-paint the vegetables
    Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose
    Kill the headlights and put it in neutral
    Stock car flamin’ with a loser and the cruise control
    Baby’s in reno with the vitamin d
    Got a couple of couches, sleep on the love-seat
    Someone came sayin’ I’m insane to complain
    About a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt
    Don’t believe everything that you breathe
    You get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve
    So shave your face with some mace in the dark
    Savin’ all your food stamps and burnin’ down the trailer park

Yo. cut it.

Soy un perdedor
    I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you kill me?

(double barrel buckshot)
    Soy un perdedor

Forces of evil on a bozo nightmare
    Ban all the music with a phony gas chamber
    ’cuz one’s got a weasel and the other’s got a flag
    One’s on the pole, shove the other in a bag
    With the rerun shows and the cocaine nose-job
    The daytime crap of the folksinger slob
    He hung himself with a guitar string
    A slab of turkey-neck and it’s hangin’ from a pigeon wing
    You can’t write if you can’t relate
    Trade the cash for the beef for the body for the hate
    And my time is a piece of wax fallin’ on a termite
    who's chokin’ on the splinters

Soy un perdedor
    (get crazy with the cheese whiz)
    Soy un perdedor
    (drive-by body-pierce)
    (yo bring it on down)
    Soooooyy....

?em llik uoy t'nod yhw os ,ybab resol a m'I rodedreP nu yos
    [It's the Chorus backwards]

(I’m a driver, I’m a winner; things are gonna change I can feel it)

Soy un perdedor
    (I can’t believe you)
    Soy un perdedor
    (Nlehh...)
    Soy un perdedor
    (Sprechen Sie Deutsch hier, Baby!)
    Soy un perdedor

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, at least Marlin Stutzman held the line. Now if voters in other districts would dump the fools who voted for this mess we could make some more progress.

I expect that to happen when the sun rises in the west.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Devil's advocate: what transpires when the Republicans sabotage the bill and nothing is done?

The problem is that there is absolutely nothing that the present system CAN do that will fix things. America is so deeply mired in the tar pits of deficit spending that no amount of cut backs will get us out.

So I'm my mind, we really only have two options. To accept things as they are, join the flock and "Hope" things will get better or to prepare ourselves to live outside of the system and let the sheep follow each other off the cliff.
    America was better off in the 30's when it happened then. If the Givernment hadn't stepped in to "save" us, we would have been better off now. As it is, many people have been condemned to death, they just don't know it yet. The longer this mess is allowed to continue, the more people will suffer and die.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Absolutely disgusting what we are letting our political representatives do to our republic.

I'm in the process of reading a biography of John Adams.... it is truly sad how far we have strayed from our founding principles.

Man I am telling you..... if those great men were alive today they would slap our teeth out of our mouths for what we are doing.... shame on us. I was told a little saying when I was younger: "Wrong me once, shame on you... Wrong me twice, shame on me." Seems History is repeating itself yet again.... Tyranny is abound, recklessness is aplenty, and a simple decision takes a month to decide...and then is completely against what the people want. I have to say, I am ashamed of this country....

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This is great news!!! Now we can move on to printing more money.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    "Governor" Mike Pence:

"I will tell them for the first time in 15 years this congress is embracing spending cuts. For the first time in history we will marry a debt ceiling increase with matching spending cuts. And I will tell them that we did all of that without raising taxes and I believe all of that will lay a foundation and a beginning upon which we can not only restore final solvency to the national government but begin to promote policies that will create jobs in Indiana and all across the country."

Top Bottom