• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Nothing impressive... Nothing that makes me all giddy. the GOP can go screw themselves until they actually sweat and bleed to make this country great again, until then, they will be viewed in the same lime light as the disgusting democrats.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Even Redstate isn't buying their new load of bushwa. They seriously believe that the voting public is stupid enough to believe their empty promises, and that's really sad. Their last "contract with Amurikha" was a joke, and this one is even worse. It's just another attempt to gain and hold power. They want to reduce spending to pre-Obama levels...how nice. We were yelling about their out of control spending then and they're too stupid to even remember it. Frankly, anyone who buys into this latest load deserves what they'll foist on them.

Perhaps the Most Ridiculous Thing to Come Out of Washington Since George McClellan | RedState

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought there were some pretty good things on the list. I think a Constitutional test on any new legislation is a good thing that should have been the custom from the beginning. I would have liked to have seen a Constitutional Amendment to limit Spending and taxes, a sort of super balanced budget amendment.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    A hardware store? Really? And Boehner looked like he was putting himself to sleep.

When are the Libertarians releasing their plans?

Are they going try and do more than just talk or complain about D's and R's?

Sad that the "Tea Party" is having more of an impact than Libertarians are... and they aren't even a party.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    A hardware store? Really? And Boehner looked like he was putting himself to sleep.

Sad that the "Tea Party" is having more of an impact than Libertarians are... and they aren't even a party.

That's because Tea Partiers decided to get engaged in a meaningful way rather than throw tiny pebbles at the windows.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I thought there were some pretty good things on the list. I think a Constitutional test on any new legislation is a good thing that should have been the custom from the beginning. I would have liked to have seen a Constitutional Amendment to limit Spending and taxes, a sort of super balanced budget amendment.

The Constitutional test is my favorite aspect.

I think all of the nay sayers will be surprised when they actually follow through on this stuff.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think all of the nay sayers will be surprised when they actually follow through on this stuff.
    Like they did in 1994 with the Contract with America?

ETA: OK, that wasn't quite fair. They actually did bring their bills to the floor, and even got a few passed.

Last edited:

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Well if I believed any of it I think I'd be happy. But I'm a bad serf and forgot to take my soma today.

I almost want to go Libertarian, but I don't see what they've done. I agree with the vast majority of thier thoughts and ideas, but I don't know of what they've ever actually acomplished. Good people, nothing against them but from my POV, they haven't even managed to screw anything up.

Before a few years ago I didn't vote because "It was pointless" and now that I "know better", I struggle to figure out how voting isn't pointless. We've got bad choices on the right, bad on the left and then seemingly useless people who spout off good ideas. WTF? Rest assured I'll make my choice on which canidates I will vote against the least. I know we can't discuss faith, so I hope I don't cross the line. Pre-emptive apology if I do. Governing is like a religion, we go to the polls, all signs say it doesn't matter but yet we still go because we believe it's the right thing and our responsability. According to Einstien we're all insane. We vote and expect a differant result.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well if I believed any of it I think I'd be happy. But I'm a bad serf and forgot to take my soma today.

I almost want to go Libertarian, but I don't see what they've done. I agree with the vast majority of thier thoughts and ideas, but I don't know of what they've ever actually acomplished. Good people, nothing against them but from my POV, they haven't even managed to screw anything up.

Before a few years ago I didn't vote because "It was pointless" and now that I "know better", I struggle to figure out how voting isn't pointless. We've got bad choices on the right, bad on the left and then seemingly useless people who spout off good ideas. WTF? Rest assured I'll make my choice on which canidates I will vote against the least. I know we can't discuss faith, so I hope I don't cross the line. Pre-emptive apology if I do. Governing is like a religion, we go to the polls, all signs say it doesn't matter but yet we still go because we believe it's the right thing and our responsability. According to Einstien we're all insane. We vote and expect a differant result.

All of us need to get more involved and push for conservative candidates at the local level, get involved supporting the right candiates in the primary. Just like our choices for Senator this go around, we didn't get the right guy chosen. The die has been cast and we have no good choice in the election. It took us a long time to get the system this screwed up, it will take some time with everyone working at it, to straighten it out.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    R or D, laws and the legal system are mostly for sale. Unless this changes soon everything in government including your constitutional rights will simply be part of a continous sale to who ever waves the most cash.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    [STRIKE]R or D[/STRIKE] Politicians, laws and the legal system are [STRIKE]mostly[/STRIKE] for sale. [STRIKE]Unless this changes soon[/STRIKE] everything in government including your constitutional rights [STRIKE]will simply be[/STRIKE] are part of a continous sale to who ever waves the most cash.

FIFY

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will vote for the most conservative, least liberal, candidate I can find every time.
    It may not be much, but it is something I can do.
    I just hope we can keep the national debt under $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 per person.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I liked parts of the pledge, but for the ones who are already there it's too late for them. Why should I believe they're going to change? I think the pledge would be a good thing for any new Republican who actually showed up to that town and voted like a republican should.

I want more people in DC like Chris Christie from NJ. This cute little document on a piece of paper doesn't mean anything to me unless they actually follow it. They have a lot to prove and no reason for me to take their word at the moment. Only time will tell, but I don't pledge any loyalty to the "R's" anymore.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Many of the Libertarians currently running for office HAVE released their plans. Why haven't you bothered to read them? The LPUS has a party platform that outlines their positions and remedies and they address issues on a daily basis at their website and in their weekly newsletter, but then you'd already know that if you'd done even a modicum of looking. Wouldn't you?

Why not take a look at 2 Indiana candidates and their plans? Or would that be a bit much?

Chard Reid for Congress: Indiana's 5th Congressional District

Elect Rebecca Sink-Burris to United States Senate

Libertarian Party | Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    a weekly newsletter?

That's how they are going to reach out and change America?

Maybe get some people together and actually be heard by someone... or is that a bit too much?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Many of the Libertarians currently running for office HAVE released their plans. Why haven't you bothered to read them? The LPUS has a party platform that outlines their positions and remedies and they address issues on a daily basis at their website and in their weekly newsletter, but then you'd already know that if you'd done even a modicum of looking. Wouldn't you?

Why not take a look at 2 Indiana candidates and their plans? Or would that be a bit much?

Chard Reid for Congress: Indiana's 5th Congressional District

Elect Rebecca Sink-Burris to United States Senate

Libertarian Party | Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government

Umm... Mmk... Who are the Libertarians running again? And what is the LPUS? Isn't that a desease? Weekly newsletter... You mean spam? Maybe it's in my spam folder. I'll go check when I 'm done typing. Do you really call it a party with only two people? I think discussion or debate club is more appropriate.

And is that your official marketing message - Libertarians. The best ideas you'd find if you'd even do a modicum of looking.

Here's mine. Libertarians. Crying out in the wilderness, unheard over the gentle hushed breeze whispering through the leaves. They both fit.

If you want people to know about you, maybe actually telling someone rather than acting like a freakin snobby elitist libtard would be in order.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Meh, I'd rather vote for my Libertarian principles that are IN some candidates of the Republican party.

And vote out the Bush Republicans. You know, the big government, big spending, new branch creating, liberals in red elephant clothing.

Besides, the Tea Party movement started with a REPUBLICAN as president. To protest AGAINST what he was going to ultimately sign.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    a weekly newsletter?

That's how they are going to reach out and change America?

Maybe get some people together and actually be heard by someone... or is that a bit too much?
    Let's see...they have a DC office from which they lobby. We have Reason Magazine and CATO. Libertarians around the nation hold monthly meetups and do political outreach at numerous events and on radio and TV (Rebecca Sink-Burris will on WXNT 1430 AM tomorrow at 7:30 AM). Here in the Indy area they've been part of every Tea Party I can think of. And they run candidates in many races, state, local and federal. My goodness...they're doing all the same things that reps and dems are doing. Only they've got an agenda that would limit government and downsize it. The problem isn't Libertarians or libertarians. It's the ignoramuses that continue to vote for the same people who screw them and expect them to do differently each time. Why not get out of your rut and actually vote for change, instead?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Aha! Found a link. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/GOP_pledge_09222010.pdf

Perhaps they should have included a pledge not to bore us to sleep with empty promises too.
    The empty promises are bad, but the outright lies and deception is what caused me to burn my GOP card years ago.

I'm sick of the Republicans fielding Neo-Con candidates. Neo-Cons are every bit as worthless as the Liberals... worse so in my eyes because they try to pass themselves off as Conservatives.

This "pledge" is a cheap hack of Newt's "Contract with America", which was an original idea.

Top Bottom