Request for suggestions (AR-15 Mag pouch)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    I have been searching high and low on the internet (granted my google-fu is often weak), and I can't find what I'm looking for. So I am coming to you INGO.

I have a professional interest in acquiring a leg rig mag pouch for AR15 mags. The rig I envision has a quick detach set up. That way, I have the connection point mounted to my belt, and the actual mag pouch is not. My intent is to keep the mag pouch in the trunk, and when/if needed, grab the pouch/platform and snap it in to the connection point on the run. No fiddling with mounting it to my belt and then strapping it to my leg. I would prefer the setup hold 2 or 4 30rd mags. There is limited space available on the belt, so any super wide mounting systems may be disqual'd.

So, what says INGO? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have a Blackhawk thigh rig, and it has a velcro belt loop, so I guess you could call it QD, and there is no belt attachment piece. You just push the velcro under your belt, and fold it over. It works very well, but you do have to snap it around your leg. You could modify it to mount right on the belt by just moving the velcro strap I guess.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I have been searching high and low on the internet (granted my google-fu is often weak), and I can't find what I'm looking for. So I am coming to you INGO.

I have a professional interest in acquiring a leg rig mag pouch for AR15 mags. The rig I envision has a quick detach set up. That way, I have the connection point mounted to my belt, and the actual mag pouch is not. My intent is to keep the mag pouch in the trunk, and when/if needed, grab the pouch/platform and snap it in to the connection point on the run. No fiddling with mounting it to my belt and then strapping it to my leg. I would prefer the setup hold 2 or 4 30rd mags. There is limited space available on the belt, so any super wide mounting systems may be disqual'd.

So, what says INGO? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Curious, without attaching a leg rig to your leg with thigh straps I would expect it will more than likely swing around and crack you in the family jewels if you take off running. As for an attachment point to your belt, do you normally have on a duty or battle belt that would have a quick disconnect already installed on it or are you looking for a quickly loopable drop leg that would have no need for thigh straps?
    More detailed information is needed for me to recommend something I am familiar with.

TJ

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy

Curious, without attaching a leg rig to your leg with thigh straps I would expect it will more than likely swing around and crack you in the family jewels if you take off running. As for an attachment point to your belt, do you normally have on a duty or battle belt that would have a quick disconnect already installed on it or are you looking for a quickly loopable drop leg that would have no need for thigh straps?
    More detailed information is needed for me to recommend something I am familiar with.

TJ

I wear a duty belt. I know that without strapping it to my leg, it'll swing around. However, being able to simply snap and go with the mags is more important (short term). Once to cover, i'd worry about the leg strap, but I want both hands available to operate the rifle while moving to cover. I don't want a quickly loopable drop leg. I would put the quick disconnect on the duty belt and leave it there.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    The Costa rig is in the same vein as I'm shooting for...however. Due to it's width (extra capacity I neither want/need), it would likely interfere with the plethora of other kit that is on the duty belt and non-negotiable.

Top Bottom