• public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I received this e-mail today:

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:26 PM
    Subject: Request for Joplin, MO officers

Greetings,

Please see the message below from Missouri State President Ahlbrand.

Brothers and Sisters,

It is with humble heart that I request assistance from our national
    membership. Yesterday, Joplin Missouri, suffered what has been described as the single most violent tornado in this country in the last 100 years. The devastation to this town is unbelievable. As of this writing, 116 people are confirmed dead and numerous more are missing. Joplin Missouri Lodge 27 has been severely affected.

The Missouri FOP has members on the ground. Missouri Lodge 27 members are performing far beyond expectations, considering they and their families have suffered greatly.

To date, at least 7 officers have lost everything; their homes and all of
    their belongings. I expect that number to rise. Numerous other members
    have suffered significant home damage and the loss and/or injury of loved
    ones.

I have received telephone calls from numerous states and I apologize for not returning some, but the situation here is very fluid. As I was preparing to respond to the site, the same storm came through St. Louis and took part of my roof off. For those of you who know me, getting on a roof is not my favorite thing to do. I am not built for that.

Much thanks initially to Oklahoma FOP and National Chairman of Trustees Joe Perkins who responded with a command van to serve food and the Arkansas FOP who are rendering assistance. I recently received word from Secretary Yoes that the Louisiana FOP was sending supplies.

I realize it seems that recently we have experienced an unusual number of natural disasters, but if you see fit to help our lodge 27 members, please send anything you can to the Missouri FOP, 715 Jefferson Street, Jefferson City, MO, 65101. In the memo portion, write Joplin Disaster Relief. We will ensure the money will go to our affected members.

If you want to send workers or supplies, it is requested that you call the
    Joplin Disaster Command Post first at 573-837-4196. Also let me know at
    314-452-3752 or email.

Please keep our lodge 27 members and their families in your prayers. I
    thank you for all of your support. This is what makes the FOP special.

Fraternally,
    Kevin Ahlbrand
    Missouri President

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is this just an FOP thing or can some avereage joe like me get involved and contribute something?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Is this just an FOP thing or can some avereage joe like me get involved and contribute something?
    Anyone can. If you're interested in donating to the Joplin FOP...read the original post or contact you local FOP.

If you'd like to donate to help those affected by the devastation in Joplin in general...please contact the Red Cross.

Oh...and anyone who reaches out to help others in a time of need is far from an "average Joe". :yesway:

Top Bottom