• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Last I heard (well read) they finally got through the comment period and it would likely go into effect in early 16.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Last I heard 41p was delayed again (kick the can on the action date).... but instead of the normal 6 months that they have been doing, they only delayed it 1 month. So I think 1/2016 is now the new action date.

H.R. 2578 (Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act) has passed the House, but now it is waiting in the Senate. If it passes the Senate in it's complete, unaltered form, it will become law and defund 41P. In the short term, this is the only guaranteed way for 41P to go away for good so WRITE/EMAIL/CALL YOUR SENATORS NOW!

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I read more about 41P. I was very mistaken on my previous post. It looks like this could happen sooner rather then later. I may need to start the paperwork on a few more items very soon.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    The rules were approved. Implementation has been delayed several times, but no delay has yet happened for the January 2016 implementation date. I personally am acting as though they will go into effect, notwithstanding various opinions that another delay is likely.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    A bit off topic but if 41P requires prints, photos and CLEO for trusts acquiring NFA items...what's to stop a Grantor from adding a Trustee that's not a "Responsible Person" after items are required by the trust? Does this poke a hole in their rational...and that is not mentioning the almost non-existent crime rate of NFA registered items.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I am just catching wind of this and just starting to do some reading. How does this play out for an existing trust? Does this just apply for any purchase moving forward of the effective date? The way I am reading it all items currently under the trust are fine, but moving forward any new items to be purchased will require everyone under the trust to submit pics/prints. Am I correct in my thinking? Thanks for the help.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I am just catching wind of this and just starting to do some reading. How does this play out for an existing trust? Does this just apply for any purchase moving forward of the effective date? The way I am reading it all items currently under the trust are fine, but moving forward any new items to be purchased will require everyone under the trust to submit pics/prints. Am I correct in my thinking? Thanks for the help.

I don't have all the details or understand everything, maybe someone who knows can chime in. I believe you have 180 days from when they posted this ruling to file everything the old/current way and once the 180 days have passed then you must follow the new ruling when submitting your forms.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I don't have all the details or understand everything, maybe someone who knows can chime in. I believe you have 180 days from when they posted this ruling to file everything the old/current way and once the 180 days have passed then you must follow the new ruling when submitting your forms.

Anything currently on the trust is left alone. Anything forms submitted before the 180 days are up (not sure if this rule was published yet, so the clock may or may not have started) are handled the way they currently are handled. After the 180 days, any new forms submitted will have to follow the new rules. Existing items on trusts are left alone.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The ruling was published in the Federal Register today. The clock starts now and the new rules will take effect in 180 days from now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom