Requirement to apply for LTCH is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nd Amendment... is it Unconstitutional to require a Permit/LTCH?

• Total voters

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I have LTCH and a few handguns, i wouldnt go so far as to say im an anti-gunner............

I absolutely will go so far. The "credentials" you list merely mean you think you are better than your peers, whom you would deny the rights you are exercising. And are shared by such illustrious souls as Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Merchomini, why do you get to keep your 1A rights when you want to take away some peoples 2A rights?

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Nope. As a general rule of thumb, if you advocate unConstitutional restrictions, you should learn to embrace the red dots. :twocents:

you should take it upon yourself to personally seek out the other 30 some ppl who have also voted in this poll, they need to be spanked for thinking differently, otherwise they might continue to think differently.......

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    But for some reason you think you are qualified to decide who gets to have an LTCH?

I didnt know i had applied for the job to be going thru background checks and mental stability checks, whats the salary for this job that i was appointed.....

i merely said i wasnt anti gun like some ppl seem to think i am.

Maybe we shouldnt do background checks either, if your a criminal and have committed murder but are still an american citizen, here buy a gun, we are gonna hope you dont murder some innocents.....

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    you should take it upon yourself to personally seek out the other 30 some ppl who have also voted in this poll, they need to be spanked for thinking differently, otherwise they might continue to think differently.......

You shouldn't have such a whiny tone. You expressed a viewpoint I find repugnant----a few replies later, and here we have a dialogue. No need to get upset. I have no problem with you expressing differing opinions, even though they are UnConstitutional. :dunno: Think differently all you want...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I didnt know i had applied for the job to be going thru background checks and mental stability checks, whats the salary for this job that i was appointed.....

i merely said i wasnt anti gun like some ppl seem to think i am.

Maybe we shouldnt do background checks either, if your a criminal and have committed murder but are still an american citizen, here buy a gun, we are gonna hope you dont murder some innocents.....

Maybe if you are a criminal that committed murder you should be in prison, but I'm sure your kind will find some reason the murderer should be out in a few years, damn stupid liberals:xmad:

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    You shouldn't have such a whiny tone. You expressed a viewpoint I find repugnant----a few replies later, and here we have a dialogue. No need to get upset. I have no problem with you expressing differing opinions, even though they are UnConstitutional. :dunno: Think differently all you want...

Does windows seven translate text into a specific tone when it is read...... i heard 7 was something special but that is just impressive...... is there an app on android that does that to for when you browse from your phone...?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Yes, I believe that the requirement of paying for a permission slip is an infringement. It's benefited us in that it's shown permit-holders to be a very law-abiding and peaceable group of people, but that does not excuse the unConstitutionality of the process.
    I hate to say I actually disagree. But not for the reasons you might expect.

The Constitution applies primarily to the Federal Government, and what it is not allowed to do. It does not apply to a State's right to enact laws of it's own to govern the people in that state.

Now, more to the point, Indiana's state constitution is less restrictive than the wording of "The Constitution" and therefore I agree with you that based on our own state constitution paying for a permission slip is wrong.

A federal license? Are you really OK with giving that kind of power to the fedgov, in complete opposition to the 2A and its original intent that all citizens (all freemen, in their vernacular) be armed?
    Not at all in my case. See above :)

Looks to me like this was a power prohibited to the states. If it was not originally, then it certainly is now, with the 2A incorporated.
    This might actually change my stance above regarding a State's right to further restrict firearm ownership and use by citizens. However this also changes my second point above which is to say, if the 2A is incorporated, then we need to push for the requirement of a License/Permit to be struck down as unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

*Boy would that chap CA, NY, and IL's collective backsides.*

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Maybe if you are a criminal that committed murder you should be in prison, but I'm sure your kind will find some reason the murderer should be out in a few years, damn stupid liberals:xmad:

ya liberals are cool with murder, and i dont think all murderers get life in prison, im not positive tho.....

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    ya liberals are cool with murder, and i dont think all murderers get life in prison, im not positive tho.....

Liberal are the ones trying to blame society for a persons action, so IMO they are fine with murderers running lose, because it's not that persons fault it's his upbringing or some other BS like that, criminals should stay in prison until they are not a threat to society, once out of prison they become free citizens again

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Liberal are the ones trying to blame society for a persons action, so IMO they are fine with murderers running lose, because it's not that persons fault it's his upbringing or some other BS like that, criminals should stay in prison until they are not a threat to society, once out of prison they become free citizens again

interesting, cant say i disagree, unfortunately thats not always how it goes down, and some murderers do get out..... but if your cool with them owning and purchasing guns legally... ok. thats why we own guns after all, for personal safety.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    This thread is heading for a train wreck.
    And more than one person in it is heading towards a vacation.

:mods:

Don't make me do my job.

Lars, this thread was headed for a train wreck the minute it was posted:D

Have a good night everyone

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Like i said, its not a blanket statement, but being a college student ina big college town, i cant think of 1 18 yr old that responsible enough for that responsibility, not to mention the amount of alcohol consumed and fights witnessed that a gun would not be that good of an idea.
    Perhaps you should start hanging out with responsible people and stay away from bars. :dunno:

Top Bottom