• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onemanout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I recently inherited a few pistols from my father. He got a couple from his father, so I have no historical information. Does anyone know where to go to research serial numbers (S&W specifically)? I also have a mysterious break-barrel revolver by Marlin with no serial number. All suggestions are appreciated.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Also try the S&W forum Antique section or the lounge section many will help . and as stated S&W will supply a letter as to who it was sold to, and when it shipped . for a price and the wait is about 3 Mo.They can go no farther in an id.
    One refferance boor that you night find in a library is the Standard catalog of Smith And Wesson -by Supica & Nahas

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    If you just want to know the age,call S@W and ask 'em! I did so about 2 yrs back,and afew earlier times-no problem! Just give them the model # and ser.#,they'll give you the year it was made.

onemanout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    These replies have been helpful. I hope to have all of my questions answered in time for the next 1500. I plan on selling one or two of these pistols.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Onemanout, :welcome: 2 :ingo:!!!!!!!!!!!! They came from your Dad & Grandpa, don't sell any of them. If you sell them, years down the road you'll be sorry.
    Some of my best memories are passing Grandpa's guns to my son!

Top Bottom