• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    OH MY GOD!!!! An MP company is going to TRAIN on new vehicles ON THE STREETS OF WISCONSIN!!!!

Seriously. Where else would they go to train? Just to get to Camp Ripley, they need to get the vehicles from the Armory to the Camp. Since the vehicles routinely are used in vehicular traffic when they're deployed overseas and the vehicles are designed to be driven primarily on paved roadways, why wouldn't the Commander use local streets to train?

It's not time to get hysterical about the military "taking over" the streets of the USA just quite yet. (I'll tell you when to get hysterical, OK?)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    OH MY GOD!!!! An MP company is going to TRAIN on new vehicles ON THE STREETS OF WISCONSIN!!!!

Seriously. Where else would they go to train? Just to get to Camp Ripley, they need to get the vehicles from the Armory to the Camp. Since the vehicles routinely are used in vehicular traffic when they're deployed overseas and the vehicles are designed to be driven primarily on paved roadways, why wouldn't the Commander use local streets to train?

It's not time to get hysterical about the military "taking over" the streets of the USA just quite yet. (I'll tell you when to get hysterical, OK?)

Camp Ripley or Fort McCoy. More likely McCoy. The old south post would be ideal.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Camp Ripley or Fort McCoy. More likely McCoy. The old south post would be ideal.

I think I've been to one of them but I can't remember which one. Flew in on a C-130 with our US&R team for training. We didn't see much of it, but it seemed inactive at the time (early 90s).

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    First, the link is broken for me

Second, do we even know for the fact they were training and not simply commuting from point A to point B? Or they could of even been doing driver's training.

I'm surprised you guys haven't seen the hundreds of convoys going up and down I65 all summer, the number would make some of you really freak......

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    650 Million acres of Federally owned land, and they train on residential streets.

Sure, let's just air lift them from base to base so they stay off the streets. Willing to pay another several hundred billion for fuel, new equipment and additional personnel just so military trucks will stay off the streets? Look up the history and original purpose of the Interstate Highway system.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Sure, let's just air lift them from base to base so they stay off the streets. Willing to pay another several hundred billion for fuel, new equipment and additional personnel just so military trucks will stay off the streets? Look up the history and original purpose of the Interstate Highway system.

And a sad fact is that we don't have the airlift assets to do that even if we were inclined to spend the money. What airlift assets we have are busy providing logistics to the Global War on Terror (that isn't anymore).

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    And a sad fact is that we don't have the airlift assets to do that even if we were inclined to spend the money. What airlift assets we have are busy providing logistics to the Global War on Terror (that isn't anymore).

It's a war until they stop giving out the fire watch ribbon, didn't you know? I got my first fire watch from the first gulf war, in 1995.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's a war until they stop giving out the fire watch ribbon, didn't you know? I got my first fire watch from the first gulf war, in 1995.

Is THAT what they're calling it now? Of course, the National Defense Medal was the "roadguard ribbon". Nice to know that how most of us regard the "I was there" awards hasn't changed.

Top Bottom