• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I'm here at work painting rooms. I have been painting 8 years and am very good at it. Matter of fact it's one of the few things I brag about. I make a decent amount for the smaller town that I work in. I was wondering how much an hour a "professional" painting would make? Are there painter unions? Wondering if I should go into my own painting business?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I dont think most advertise per hour... but when I was looking to hire someone to paint an entire house interior, I was finding online 15-40 dollars an hour (depending on many factors)... I think most price out jobs by square foot and not by hour.... Im sure some professional painters will come along shortly.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We are having some painting done right now. Based on the bid and the time involved, we are paying about $62 and hour plus the cost of the paint. Two guys doing the job. I'm OK with it because they really know their stuff and so far it looks very good.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Most jobs are bid by the job/room/sq ft + materials around here.
    There are painting unions, but not used in Indy area to my knowledge. Go to St. Louis and darn near every painter is in a union and make much more $ / hour there as an employee compared to here.
    The painting biz is hard nut to crack. Soooooooo many people out there that undercut people by huge margins, work for cash, don't pay taxes, etc, that its hard to earn a good honest wage and be competitive at the same time.
    I'm not saying it cant be done, but self employment brings on its own set of headaches, no matter the industry. Have you priced health insurance for a self employed guy? That alone will probably scare you away and make you happy to paint for someone else.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I'm not a painter, but I am a General Contractor...

My painters that I have used for 14 years charge me $1.50 /sqft for labor only on basic homes.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've had my friend who is a painter give me quotes before. After we supply the supplies, his rates are astronomical. I hate painting but that won't stop me from doing it one wants to charge an arm and a leg.

Top Bottom