Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I don't agree with the women but I do have issue with the title. Respect is earned not given. If a police officer wants respect he has to be respectful as well. Police deserve respect as much as they give it.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I don't agree with the women but I do have issue with the title. Respect is earned not given. If a police officer wants respect he has to be respectful as well. Police deserve respect as much as they give it.

The job requires respect as they are the "good guys". In this instance (if you watched the video) the officer was nothing but respectful despite this piece of crap's use of her freedom of speech.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

We are all as respectful as you allow us to be. I commend this officer's patience. She's lucky she got off with only a $600 ticket. I would have arrested her.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We are all as respectful as you allow us to be. I commend this officer's patience. She's lucky she got off with only a $600 ticket. I would have arrested her.

Arrested for what? Now, I would have been watching for an illegal lane change or something as she left. :D

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

It may not be an arrestable offense in Florida to do 51 in a 20 in a school zone. Though it seems like it ought to be.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

If you can point to the spot in this video where the cop was anything other than professional and respectful, even after this woman's boorish comments, you might have a point.
    See, that whole respect door swings both ways.
    But, as is usual with you, there is no point.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I totally understand where you are coming from. However, there is 2 kinds of respect. I am reminded of these everyday at work. While I may not respect the "man" I have to respect the rank. The position of LEO gets so much scrutiny BECAUSE society must respect the position (at least the law abiding ones do). Respect for the individual officer is more personal and that is give and take.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    Dosproduction

I was raised with the idea that police officers are charged with the difficult job of protecting us and maintaining law and order. Therefore, I was expected to be cooperative and respect this position. I know, totally old fashioned and probably beyond the comprehension of most folks under 40. This lady is a jacka$$ and does not understand the meaning of respect no matter what the situation. And it sounds like you are in the same boat as her. That's where the problem starts.

You need to read today's editorial page of the Wall Street Journal. Are all cops "good cops"? Nope, there are bad cops same as there are bad teachers, students, politicians (sorry, there are no good politicians), doctors, lawyers (same as politicians), etc. But you obviously don't understand what your attitude and that of this worthless individual are creating: A danger to yourself and others. Hopefully, you won't have a crisis and need a cop. Or if you need one don't call them until they've earned your respect. Or maybe they will show up and work on earning your respect while the bad guys do Lord knows what to your family, property or you.

Why aren't you willing to do the job of a cop? What do you think it means to "earn my respect"? I would bet that if you did this job for a few months your viewpoint would be much different.

Top Bottom