73l0km.jpg

She has a cc permit/license

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Has anyone gotten or heard anything about Donnelly's positions? Is he just going to run the party line, or is he going to listen to Indiana?

toomuchfun57

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    I too received the same response from Senator Coats, encouraging at least.Donnelly must be to busy to respond to his constitiuants

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I got my two letters yesterday as well, the firearms one was positive, the one on FISA was not so good, looks like the abuses on Americans rights are protected by that one.

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I got the same letter from Senator Coats yesterday also. I got a similar e-mail from Congresswoman Brooks also.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. Wolff,[/FONT]
    Thank you for contacting me regarding your concern for Second Amendment rights. I truly value your input and always appreciate hearing and learning from my constituents.

I am a proud supporter of the right to bear arms and will work tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment while in office. I do not believe an assault weapons ban is a wise or useful policy and will not support one as a member of Congress. Likewise, I will continue to oppose any federal legislation that seeks to undo or preempt Indiana's concealed carry laws and lifetime handgun permits.

Everyone in our great Nation has been deeply saddened by the recent tragic events which have devastated too many communities across the country. But preventing these awful tragedies calls for a comprehensive solution that deals with the real issues driving them.

We need to support local programs that use grassroots connections to reduce violence and prevent younger Americans from turning to a life of crime. As a former U.S. Attorney and Deputy Mayor of Indianapolis, I worked with law enforcement and local agencies on gun violence prevention and prosecution. I will continue to support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. Working together, we can protect the right to bear arms and ensure our schools and neighborhoods are safe.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Your thoughts and opinions are of critical importance as I work to represent Indiana's 5th District. I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Susan W. Brooks
    Member of Congress[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot]To share your thoughts please visit my webpage. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]
    iqtrk.gif
    [/FONT]

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    After what Coats pulled in 1994, I still don't trust him.

For example, he may not vote for a law banning the ownership of AR15's and other semi-automatics.

BUT will he vote for a law limiting magazine capacity to appease the anti-gunners?
    This way he can have it "both ways" politically.

Time will tell...

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Has anyone gotten or heard anything about Donnelly's positions? Is he just going to run the party line, or is he going to listen to Indiana?

I sent him another email today. I have called two times sent 4 snail mail letters and sent several emails. The phone calls were a lady and said she would pass on my concerns but nothing more. No responses back on any letters or emails.

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    I haven't received a response yet, either. I did receive a postcard from the NRA with my Congressman and Senators contact information. It's the first time I had a confirmed e-mail address for Joe Donnelly, so he received yet another e-mail this morning....

Big Muddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Jasper County
    Also received the same letter from Coats.....but have not heard a peep from Donelly....No surprise there: he has a history of talking the talk, and later failing to walk the walk...

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have not received a letter from either, Dan Coats did do a mass email which I received stating very similar to the letter that was posted. Joe Donnelly has not taken a position yet, I believe he was elected with an A rating from the NRA, I hope he stays true to his Hoosier Roots and votes as his constituents would like for him too.

scottyd2506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have not received a letter from either, Dan Coats did do a mass email which I received stating very similar to the letter that was posted. Joe Donnelly has not taken a position yet, I believe he was elected with an A rating from the NRA, I hope he stays true to his Hoosier Roots and votes as his constituents would like for him too.

Donnelly will have severe pressure from his own party to take your guns away.

They will downplay it and say they are not going to take away your guns, but outlaw Assault weapons and hi cap mags.

meaning 99.99999% of all pistols will be illegal, as most people own 13-15-17 round 9mm, 40 SW, 357 sig etc auto pistols to protect themselves and family from harm in case a bad guy or multiple bad guys attack.
    When a few Cartel members are trying to kick your door in with their hi cap mag gun in hand and chainsaw in the other. you will be expected to defend yourself and your children with 10 shots max. Less if you live in NYC.

Too bad Murdock was an extremist anti abortion nut, he would have won in a landslide if he didn't alienate the female vote. with his "Rape is God's will" crap.

6 years to get rid of Donnelly. So much for thinking a democrat is going to be pro gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom