• cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana

January 30, 2013​

Dear Mr. Stuard,

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun violence and the 2nd Amendment. As your Congressman, it is beneficial for me to hear your thoughts on this important issue.

I stand with all Americans in condemning the evil actions that have recently taken place. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families of these tragic events.

It is important that legislative proposals in reaction to these events are based on sound judgment after all the facts have been gathered. Without this, they could have an adverse effect on law-abiding citizens and little impact on criminals.

Going forward, there will be opportunity for a substantive discussion on ways to combat these occurrences. We must focus on the overarching causes of violence in our society as it will be an integral part in preventing future tragedies. We must strive to protect the most innocent in our society while maintaining the integrity of the 2nd Amendment. The best way to address gun violence is to promote a respect for human dignity and life, and to vigorously enforce current laws. Mental illness has also played a central role in several of these instances. The need for quality mental healthcare and treatment has long been overlooked and warrants greater focus.

It was good to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time you have an issue of concern before Congress. I encourage you to visit my website at bucshon.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter to receive updates from Washington. Also, please take time to fill out my survey at bucshon.house.gov/survey regarding important issues before Congress. It is an honor to serve you and the people of the 8th District of Indiana.

Sincerely,
    bucshon.jpg

Larry Bucshon
    Member of Congress

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Exact same e-mail. Zero committal to guarding any of our Constitutional Rights. It is not just about the 2nd Amendment. There are a few more left since illegal search and seizure has been abandoned. Wonder which one or group are next on the agenda?

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    As you write to these nimrods add a statement that you nor your family will vote for anyone who dosn't support the second, not getting a vote is like taking money out of there pockets.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i got the same "form" letter on jan 16th, but on that day he was at the sheppard law academy at harrison high school in evansville,(my daughter is in the class) she asked him his stance on gun control, he said that he didnt think gun control was the way to go, since it didnt work in chicago

the shocker to me was joe donnely, saying to the press that he was against the awb, i thought for sure he would sit right on feinstin's lap and be her puppet

Top Bottom