• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Here is the response I received from Sen. Lugar concerning bill H.R. 822.

Thank you for sharing with me your interest in my position with respect to H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act, which would require all states to honor concealed-carry permits issued in another state. I appreciate this opportunity to respond.

I support the position held by law enforcement organizations that state and local rather than federal officials should be afforded the ability to determine proper concealed-carry laws and regulations, including whether or not to honor permits issued in other states. I remain concerned that ceding this state authority could place the Second Amendment rights of Hoosiers at risk of future erosion.

Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Just the continuing saga of this watermelon. I have voted against this bum ever since I got back in Indiana in 1987. Kick him out of office!!!

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What does the 2nd Ammendment have to do with States Rights/Authority?:dunno:

Isn't it a Federal Document, The Bill of Rights that confirms my right to keep and bear arms?:rolleyes:

Silly rabbit, you don't honestly think that Liberals actually feel an obligation to those out-dated documents, do you?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When an elected official in Indiana clearly violates his/her oath of office what steps can be taken to remove said POS from office? We don't have recall, other than waiting on the next election, what do we do?

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Thank you for sharing with me your interest in my position with respect to H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act, which would require all states to honor concealed-carry permits issued in another state. I appreciate this opportunity to respond.

I support the position held by law enforcement organizations that state and local rather than federal officials should be afforded the ability to determine proper concealed-carry laws and regulations, including whether or not to honor permits issued in other states. I remain concerned that ceding this state authority could place the Second Amendment rights of Hoosiers at risk of future erosion.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

Not a fan of Lugar BUT he makes a good point. Read about how gun laws developed in Australia and in Canada. All at a national level. I absolutely don't want the federal government to start putting regulations on the states regarding gun rights except to repeal all current violations to the second amendment. This would give New York, California, and the People's Republic of Illinois a measure of control in the rest of the country. If they passed something like this you should know the next thing to come is a cry for consistency in gun laws across the country. Then they try to balance out the laws and Indiana is definitely going to be on the losing end of that one.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Not a fan of Lugar BUT he makes a good point. Read about how gun laws developed in Australia and in Canada. All at a national level. I absolutely don't want the federal government to start putting regulations on the states regarding gun rights except to repeal all current violations to the second amendment. This would give New York, California, and the People's Republic of Illinois a measure of control in the rest of the country. If they passed something like this you should know the next thing to come is a cry for consistency in gun laws across the country. Then they try to balance out the laws and Indiana is definitely going to be on the losing end of that one.
    This.
    The proposed bill did not actually reinforce the 2nd amendment.
    It just put the Federal Government in charge.
    I have always been concerned with putting the feds in charge of gun rights.
    They are based in DC and look at DC's gun laws if you want to see what their vision for America is.
    Today they will say that all states have to honor all permits.
    Then they will require training and classes to get a permit.
    Then they will limit what can be carried and used for self defense.
    Then they will add a layer of red tape, probably some form of registration.
    And on and on and on

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This.
    The proposed bill did not actually reinforce the 2nd amendment.
    It just put the Federal Government in charge.
    I have always been concerned with putting the feds in charge of gun rights.
    They are based in DC and look at DC's gun laws if you want to see what their vision for America is.
    Today they will say that all states have to honor all permits.
    Then they will require training and classes to get a permit.
    Then they will limit what can be carried and used for self defense.
    Then they will add a layer of red tape, probably some form of registration.
    And on and on and on

What's the difference if say, Indiana or some other state, decided to stifle peoples right to assemble, or exercise their freedom of speech? The federal government would be all over this in a heartbeat, citing 1st Amendment violations. The Amendments, being Natural Rights that are recognized at the federal level, should be protected the same across the entire country, right? I understand not wanting to get the federal government involved, but it seems to me that this is (purposely) convoluted, and we allow it.
    The Bill of Rights is written in absolutes (shall not, shall be) and is about as plainly written and as easy to understand as humanly possible. But of course, this was purposely done by men that had actual honor and character, only to be eventually intentionally misinterpreted by others that are immoral and deceitful. There is NO excuse, other than intention, for "misinterpreting" such plainly written language!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

Lugar really needs to go. And he ALSO needs to change his last name, so that he can stop DISGRACING the name of a great semi-auto.

Top Bottom