• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Unfortunately, I have no idea which of my messages she is responding to, since this is a fairly generic boiler-plate letter, but here's her stated official position. I haven't gotten a satisfactory answer as to why her name wasn't attached to any of the three letters to the President.

Dear Mr. Scutter01

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concern for Second Amendment rights. I truly value your input and always appreciate hearing and learning from my constituents.

I am a proud supporter of the right to bear arms and will work tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment while in office. I do not believe an assault weapons ban is a wise or useful policy and will not support one as a member of Congress. Likewise, I will continue to oppose any federal legislation that seeks to undo or preempt Indiana's concealed carry laws and lifetime handgun permits.

Everyone in our great Nation has been deeply saddened by the recent tragic events which have devastated too many communities across the country. But preventing these awful tragedies calls for a comprehensive solution that deals with the real issues driving them.

We need to support local programs that use grassroots connections to reduce violence and prevent younger Americans from turning to a life of crime. As a former U.S. Attorney and Deputy Mayor of Indianapolis, I worked with law enforcement and local agencies on gun violence prevention and prosecution. I will continue to support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. Working together, we can protect the right to bear arms and ensure our schools and neighborhoods are safe.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Your thoughts and opinions are of critical importance as I work to represent Indiana's 5th District. I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

Susan W. Brooks
    Member of Congress

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    I would like to see what she considers "mentally ill".

ADD, OCD, Depression, PTSD, ODD, Bipolar...?

The capriciousness with which this term can be defined (and by whom)concerns me greatly.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Just got a response as well.

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your concern for Second Amendment rights. I truly value your input and always appreciate hearing and learning from my constituents.

I am a proud supporter of the right to bear arms and will work tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment while in office. I do not believe an assault weapons ban is a wise or useful policy and will not support one as a member of Congress. Likewise, I will continue to oppose any federal legislation that seeks to undo or preempt Indiana's concealed carry laws and lifetime handgun permits.

Everyone in our great Nation has been deeply saddened by the recent tragic events which have devastated too many communities across the country. But preventing these awful tragedies calls for a comprehensive solution that deals with the real issues driving them.

We need to support local programs that use grassroots connections to reduce violence and prevent younger Americans from turning to a life of crime. As a former U.S. Attorney and Deputy Mayor of Indianapolis, I worked with law enforcement and local agencies on gun violence prevention and prosecution. I will continue to support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. Working together, we can protect the right to bear arms and ensure our schools and neighborhoods are safe.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Your thoughts and opinions are of critical importance as I work to represent Indiana's 5th District. I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

Susan W. Brooks
    Member of Congress"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was impressed that she replied quickly.

I've been writing letters to her for weeks now and this is the first time she's responded. Apparently, it takes three months to "set up <her> office" and until she does, everything else just has to wait.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I've been writing letters to her for weeks now and this is the first time she's responded. Apparently, it takes three months to "set up <her> office" and until she does, everything else just has to wait.

same here.

i've sent emails via congress.org, ruger, popvox, my own email, etc

she finally responded to one of my emails with the same letter. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom