• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    We, as gun owners could be our worst enemy in the fight for our freedoms. It saddens me every time I hear of another shooting. A shooting that may have been prevented if a youth did not have access to firearms in the home.

We have a responsibility to our families, friends, and our communities to insure that our weapons are secured from unauthorized access. That includes minors that may or may not have the judgment skills to know not use a firearm without permission and or supervision. We should safeguard them against theft as best we can.

I know I couldn't live with myself if someone gained access to one of my weapons that wasn't secured and a tragedy happened. The only weapon that isn't unloaded and locked in the safe is my ccw and it stays on my person and under my immediate control at all times. If not, it's also in a secure safe that only I have access to.

I know deep in my heart that a well motivated individual who want's a gun is going to get it. But, it's the somewhat maladjusted kid that has had a bad day that grabs daddy's handgun from the nightstand and does the unthinkable, thats what bothers me.

I love my freedoms and shooting sports. I have been shooting and hunting for longer than I can remember. I learned the rules of safe gun handling and use from my father at a very early age and passed that same onto my wife and children. I pray that they have the opportunity to do the same for theirs for many generations to come.

We have a long battle ahead. Write your congressmen, express your views, and let's win this war that has been waged on our freedoms.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Its a shame that these things happen,no kind of gun control will stop these sick people from commiting crimes.People were killing each other before there were guns. Why cant our leaders see this and address the real problem. It would appear theres more to it than meets the eye.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    its amazing im still alive with all the guns my dad had in the house. there was one in the car glove box, dresser, at the back door. he even had a gun cabinet that was unlocked. boy howdy u dont even know how many times i just wanted to grab those guns and go on a killing spree. im not even gonna tell you about not wearing seat belts or riding in the back window of the car and drinking evil raw milk. thank GOD i had good parents and church that spent quality time with me and made me learn wrong from right and disciplined me when i didnt instead of blaming it on add, adhd, abc, or defg and putting me on some mind altering drug that made their responsibility of parenting easy.:twocents:

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    its amazing im still alive with all the guns my dad had in the house. there was one in the car glove box, dresser, at the back door. he even had a gun cabinet that was unlocked. boy howdy u dont even know how many times i just wanted to grab those guns and go on a killing spree. im not even gonna tell you about not wearing seat belts or riding in the back window of the car and drinking evil raw milk. thank GOD i had good parents and church that spent quality time with me and made me learn wrong from right and disciplined me when i didnt instead of blaming it on add, adhd, abc, or defg and putting me on some mind altering drug that made their responsibility of parenting easy.:twocents:

You've hit the nail on the head! Todays children are not being raised by parents. They're raised by their peers, the TV, and video games. When we were raised, we had self discipline instilled in us and could be trusted to make good decisions based on our upbringing. And you are right, we had unsecured firearms all over the place. I had a gun cabinet in my bedroom with my Marlin .22, Rem 870 bird gun, and a Ruger MK 1 .22 when I was 10. Unfortunately, we don't live in those times anymore. Common sense has gone along with the "good ole days."

Top Bottom