• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My fiance and I have to head up to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital today to meet with an Orthopedic Surgeon for our almost 2 week old son who has hip displaysia. Hopefully he will just need a brace for a few weeks. But while we are up there I figured we may as well eat some good food. Are there any little hidden gems around the hospital? We also have to go through Bloomington so we can stop there if there is something spectacular.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Keep your gun on you. That area's not the best anymore.

For amazing breakfast food, head East to 86th and Ditch to the Original Pancake House. Depending on how much you're looking to spend, there's also a really good family owned Italian place called Amalfi's on the southeast corner of 86th and Ditch behind Starbucks, but it's on the expensive side of things.

Bravo's Italiano at 86th and Township, NW corner, is always a great place to go - decent prices, fast and reliable service and food.

Not really much else over that way anymore. There's all the fast food and chain stuff that you could want west of the hospital at 86th and Michigan, but again, keep your weapon on you. There's a hole in the wall Chinese place called Yen Ching at about 92nd and Michigan that is always good, and an even better hole in the wall Thai place at 96th and Michigan on the SE corner behind McDonald's called Thai Papaya.

Keep going west on 86th to hit Trader's Point around Zionsville Rd. and you're in a much better area with some decent chain restaurants - Chilis, Lonestar, Abuelos, Macaroni Grill. Just East of the 86th and Zionsville Rd. intersection is a really good BBQ place called Squealers. Again, a bit of a hole in the wall, but they really know how to do some smoked BBQ. -Almost forgot... if you do head over to 86th and Zionsville, and if you like Cajun food, try out the Yats behind the Noodles and company/Starbucks on the NW corner. It's super tasty local stuff.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That's a bad area now? Times have changed!

Anyway, LaPeep is just west of there on 86th and Township for breakfast. If you like Indian food, there is a little place there next to Bravo on Township and 86th (can't remember the name).

If you like BBQ, then Famous Dave's is north of 86th on Michigan, and Squeelers is a bit farther west on 86th.

Other than that, every chain known to mankind is either on Michigan Road or over at Trader's Point.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    That's a bad area now? Times have changed!

Yup. There was a homicide in the Harcourt apartments right behind the hospital just last week. Someone was murdered in the Denny's parking lot off 86th and Michigan last month. It's a shame because it used to be a pretty safe area.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    I'm sure I'm not to out of place wishing your son the best of luck from everyone on INGO...

Have to check out Ted's but I'm a bit partial to their Bison Burgers which are absolutely incredible... It is in the same shopping center as Marsh/Dick's on 86th St W just before you get to 465 Ramps.

:ingo:

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    In B-town: Trojan Horse for Greek food. Awesome humus and baklava (and baklava flavored ice cream). Snow Lion for Tibetan food (think country style Chinese food), from mild to please-put-me-out-of-my-misery hot. There's a good Indian place in between, but can't remember the name. All of those are either right on or just barely off of Kirkwood. Mama Bears Pizza (at 3rd and Jordan) is good too.

Top Bottom