• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    We all know that all those robbers were illiterate and if they saw the sign they would have changed their minds and just went in to eat barbeque.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Saw it on Cam last night. Hilarious! Don't look for their policy to change though, he's a big lefty fundraiser. They can't have the "shoot out at the ok corral" in his store so don't look for the no guns sign to be taken down any time soon.

Prediction!: The policy will remain in place. The story will be used in fund raising as a testament to why guns are bad. The restaurant will eventually go out of business. Then the story will be guns stole my money, then stole my business - guns are bad!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    They need to be more specific in their signage.
    It said "No Concealed Firearms" but all the bad guys were open carrying. They were all complying with that rule. :draw:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Guys, the sign is at the front and the article clearly stated that they entered through the back door.

Oh so they criminals didn't see the sign. Well that explains it.

clearly the idea of RIF gets lost many places ... both here (see headline, assumptions made) and by crooks
    ... but perhaps they thought it was a ROB-araunt since they came in from the back? ... (:joke: - bad I know)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt by this foolishness. You gotta wonder is the business owner is experiencing any sort of dissonance after this event.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    You laugh until you realize that for the owner this is probably the ideal robbery, because no weapons were actually fired. Yes, guns are so evil that even shooting in self-defense is worse than being robbed. There is no dissonance folks, the sign is intended to stop firefights not criminals.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    You laugh until you realize that for the owner this is probably the ideal robbery, because no weapons were actually fired. Yes, guns are so evil that even shooting in self-defense is worse than being robbed. There is no dissonance folks, the sign is intended to stop firefights not criminals.

Hadn't looked at it that way, but I bet you're right. You can't win really. If no one is hurt - "Thank God there wasn't some Cowboy there trying to defend us and getting people shot". If someone is hurt or killed - "My God, we must ban guns. They killed my employee and one customer - we must ban them before this gets any worse."

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It is a matter of perception.

This is what you and I, the average law-abiding citizen sees:
    Notice1_zps12b34d83.jpg

This is what a criminal sees:
    Notice2_zps50c0d618.jpg