• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I will be in Columbus tomorrow and Sunday and want to eat at some good local places. Where do you locals prefer to chow? All types of cuisine are fine with me as long as its good. :ingo:

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I ate at joe willy's burger bar tonight and it was delicious. Highly reccomend it! It is in a old house turned into a restraunt. The bacon bomb burger was great!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I will be in Columbus tomorrow and Sunday and want to eat at some good local places. Where do you locals prefer to chow? All types of cuisine are fine with me as long as its good. :ingo:

If you are going to be in Columbus you should make the trek over to Nashville for the meet and greet. Only about 20 minutes away.

Not sure what you want to spend? Smiths Row is nice.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    If you are going to be in Columbus you should make the trek over to Nashville for the meet and greet. Only about 20 minutes away.

Not sure what you want to spend? Smiths Row is nice.

I forgot about Smith's Row. Yes, it's a nice place.

And 5th Street Bar, Columbus Bar, too. What's the name of the little retro diner near downtown?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    4th street bar & grill.

Family owned...best food downtown. Smokes the "garage" crap.

Also check out Zaharakos aka "the greeks". Awesome step back in time with burgers served on newspapers and hand made (yes from their basement production) ice cream

Zwanzigs pizza is the place for pizza pie.

Ru yi on 46 next to 65 is the chinese place.

The hanger at the airport is the place for breakfast.

Jills diner (7th? & Washington) is the place for geasy American eats.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Fine Dining aka $$$$$ : Smith's Row (Smith's Row food & spirits), Bistro 310 (Bistro 310 – A Columbus Indiana Restaurant), Tre Bicchieri (http://www.trebicchieri-columbus.com/)

Locally Owned Steak House with amazing service: Amazing Joe's.

The Columbus Bar/Powerhouse Brewing Company- Great Food, Great Beer made locally. with a family side if children are with you. I highly recommend the fish tacos there. They are grilled ahi tuna in softshell tortillas. It makes no sense that this place has best fish tacos I've ever had but it's true. This includes having them on multiple locations on the East, West and Third Coast. If you don't like fish tacos, they also have the Mile High Fish Sandwich. Large Tenderloins are good. Ifrit Chicken Breast sandwich is spicy enough to give you a sweat-stache. Wings are great. Fried pickles are great. The place doesn't look like much on the outside but give it a chance. They moderately pro-2A as I have seen many people open carrying on both sides of the bar/restaurant. They have about 20 different beers on top and even more in bottles. P.S. BACON VODKA lolwhut

Power House Brewing Co.

Asian Food: Ru Yi - Pad Thai is great. Sushi is very good.

Sushi: Satuma or New Japan. I prefer Satuma but expect a wait. $$$

Fun places to go with kids: Zaharako's - This place has had a 2-3 million dollars spent on it a few years back to renovate it. It is a historical landmark and the first restaurant to not be segregated in this part of the state or maybe the whole state. I forget. The food is so-so, the service is excellent but it is always so busy it makes it slow. They have a large music playing autonomous machine. Lots of sugary made drinks/malts/old-fashioned sodas. Zaharakos Ice Cream Parlor

Zwanzigz is another favorite. Great pizza. Not NY, no Chicago and not the little flat salty squares Indiana is famous for (Pizza King). It's pretty good pizza. They make beer there but it is not nearly as good as the CB's brews. Breadsticks are amazing there.

Zwanzigz Pizza - Columbus, Indiana :: Home

BBQ: Bubba Blue's BBQ: Great brisket, like 40-60 different hot sauces to select from. OMGzSweet Potato Casserole.

Home Page

For a Sunday morning breakfast/bruch, You must go to Blackerby's Hangar 5 Restaurant by our airport. Call before you go as you may need to check to see if they have room for you. I think they sometimes take reservations.

Places to Avoid: The Garage (terrible service, overpriced food, poorly made drinks), the Detour. The Detour was a Scotty's that was subsidized by the city and STILL went out of business. The Detour is the city's attempt to make money bag. Overpriced food, poor service.

Best Ice Cream on the planet: Dag's - Dags Ice Cream - Bertie Jeans

Fun Yogurt Place for little ones: Yo Mama Yogurt - Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies : Home

Closed for the season but "Must Eats": Becker's Drive-In, Musillami's Drive-In

Top Bottom