• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I had a vindictive girlfriend of a friend that filed one against me a few years ago in an effort to try her best to get me fired from my job. Backstory was she was cheating on him and knew I knew about her escapades and would tell him - which I did. Judge threw out her order immediately at the hearing. But, for those 30 days I was not allowed to carry or do anything with a firearm - which royally sucked.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    So.....anyone can just get an order of protection from you so you can carry or is there a due process that will be done before it is granted? What if a person doesn't like that you have guns and does this order of protection, can they just do that?

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    An ex once got one issued by a judge in another state who may or may not have ordered the sheriff to come take my guns, it certainly said so in my copy. I showed up at the hearing, she didn't, case dismissed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have never been able to enforce PO's that haven't been served. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Can you advise?

Thanks in advance...

Served yes, but "service" does not only mean finding the person and handing it to them. You can "serve" a person by taping a copy on the door of their last known address and dropping a copy in the mail, for example (there are several other means as well). The fact that a guy is hiding out and never goes home and doesn't see it does not change the fact that there was proper "service".

Top Bottom