Restrictions on editing and copying images of money, who knew?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today I was trying to make a fake news image to share on facebook. I downloaded a copy of a $50 bill and opened it in photoshop. Then I changed the size of it and went to copy it, and got an error. I was told that photoshop cannot edit pictures of money. It must have had image recognition software to tell it that I was working with a picture of money. I did a screenshot, then pasted into a new image and cropped down, and was again told it cannot edit money.

My brother told me copy machines will refuse to copy money. This is blowing my mind :runaway:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    One of the reasons US bills now have silver threads and watermarks and all kinds of other stuff is because color copiers started getting really really good.

Hoosierdoc, I suggest you prepare the wife and kids for the Secret Service SWAT team flashbangs that you're going to hear about 0330 tomorrow...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was going to take a check deposit image example for phone banking and swap out a $50 bill for the check. I was going to say my bank let's you deposit cash via the app now too which is awesome

One of the reasons US bills now have silver threads and watermarks and all kinds of other stuff is because color copiers started getting really really good.

Hoosierdoc, I suggest you prepare the wife and kids for the Secret Service SWAT team flashbangs that you're going to hear about 0330 tomorrow...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was going to take a check deposit image example for phone banking and swap out a $50 bill for the check. I was going to say my bank let's you deposit cash via the app now too which is awesome

That's actually amusing.

Those "take a picture of the check" things- I thought it would be great seeing as how I have never had direct deposit available and I find even stopping at the ATM to be annoying....but no, sir- doesn't work for me.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Today I was trying to make a fake news image to share on facebook. I downloaded a copy of a $50 bill and opened it in photoshop. Then I changed the size of it and went to copy it, and got an error. I was told that photoshop cannot edit pictures of money. It must have had image recognition software to tell it that I was working with a picture of money. I did a screenshot, then pasted into a new image and cropped down, and was again told it cannot edit money.

My brother told me copy machines will refuse to copy money. This is blowing my mind :runaway:
    yep this is old news. Obviously you aren't a counter fitter,
    also I've heard somemprinters will notify an attempt has been made

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

yep this is old news. Obviously you aren't a counter fitter,
    also I've heard somemprinters will notify an attempt has been made
    Good luck in prison, Doc.

Top Bottom