Restrictions on editing and copying images of money, who knew?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Today I was trying to make a fake news image to share on facebook. I downloaded a copy of a $50 bill and opened it in photoshop. Then I changed the size of it and went to copy it, and got an error. I was told that photoshop cannot edit pictures of money. It must have had image recognition software to tell it that I was working with a picture of money. I did a screenshot, then pasted into a new image and cropped down, and was again told it cannot edit money.

My brother told me copy machines will refuse to copy money. This is blowing my mind :runaway:

You goin to jail, bro. Thanks for playing, buh bye.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You goin to jail, bro. Thanks for playing, buh bye.

why?

http://www.rulesforuse.org/pub/index.php

The Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992, Public Law 102-550, in Section 411 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, permits color illustrations of U.S. currency, provided that:

1. the illustration is of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of the item illustrated;
    2. the illustration is one-sided; and
    3. all negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof are destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Long time ago I attended an Amiga Computer expo in downtown Chicago. Primitive scanners were very new to the market and because of the superb way the Amiga handled graphics there were a few for them that produced excellent graphics.

One of the vendors in a booth was showing off his new hand scanner by showing how well it did with money. He had several scans of $100 bills up on the screen and offered to scan any bill in a customers wallet to show how easy it was to do so.

However, but, in the very same hotel at that very same moment, President Bush Sr. was in a fundraiser for his major Chicago donors. There were dozens of Secret Service agents roaming around the complex. The vendor was from out of town and did not know this was happening. I mentioned this to him and suggested that he might want to reconsider using actual money for his demos. He was most upset, but changed over to something else.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Long time ago I attended an Amiga Computer expo in downtown Chicago. Primitive scanners were very new to the market and because of the superb way the Amiga handled graphics there were a few for them that produced excellent graphics.

One of the vendors in a booth was showing off his new hand scanner by showing how well it did with money. He had several scans of $100 bills up on the screen and offered to scan any bill in a customers wallet to show how easy it was to do so.

However, but, in the very same hotel at that very same moment, President Bush Sr. was in a fundraiser for his major Chicago donors. There were dozens of Secret Service agents roaming around the complex. The vendor was from out of town and did not know this was happening. I mentioned this to him and suggested that he might want to reconsider using actual money for his demos. He was most upset, but changed over to something else.
    you probably saved his job or freedom

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I have an Amiga.

Top Bottom