• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Where did you see that Apex was offering free replacement triggers? I bought their curved advanced trigger, which obviously came out of the gun when the upgrade was done at SIG. I like the feel of the upgraded factory trigger just fine, but am a bit miffed that I basically wasted $50. So if I can swap my old Apex trigger for a version compatible with the upgraded P320, for free, I'd like to take advantage of that. Couldn't find anything about such an exchange program on their website or blog. Help a brother out?

I called them, and told them I had the 1st gen trigger, I had to mail it back to them,( they paid for shipping both ways), and gave me 50.00 in credit for anything they sold, when I told them I wanted the advanced 320 trigger, it was 49.95 so I have a .05 cent credit on anything I want in the future.

heres a link Apex Customer Advisory Regarding Sig Sauer P320 Trigger Products ? Apex Tactical Specialties

also yesterday apex announced a p320 trigger bar, that shortens the trigger pull (by 20%)and reset(by 30%)! they are taking pre orders starting next Monday, and start shipping the week after, they don't show a price on the website, but I found them on midway usa, and they're 76.00 if you already have the apex trigger, and 114.00 if you need a apex trigger, like anyone else they say only use their trigger, and don't use anybody else's (like that factory, or grey guns)
    Our New P320 Trigger Bar Kits ? Apex Tactical Specialties

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?targetL...0&userItemsPerPage=48&persistedItemsPerPage=0

and someone posted on a p320 fb group, that the x frames are starting to ship in 3-4 weeks, and sig is taking preorders now, but you have to call.....so looks like my open class 320 will be starting shortly

p320 carry slide
    threaded barrel
    springer precision comp
    x5 frame full size weighted with mag well (100.00-25% off thanks to the safety upgrade coupon)
    apex flat face trigger
    apex trigger bar

Flork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Hi Guys,

This is Scott Folk from Apex.

The info you have here is correct aside from one detail.

We specify that our trigger bar and over-travel stop are o be used only with our triggers or the factory curved trigger. We know Sig's general tolerances and we know our own, but what we can't control are other aftermarket trigger manufacturers tolerances. There are 3 others out there jumping into the world of P320 triggers and it would be nearly impossible for us to make a trigger bar that we could guarantee would work with anybody else's products.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask here.

Scott

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Hi Guys,

This is Scott Folk from Apex.

The info you have here is correct aside from one detail.

We specify that our trigger bar and over-travel stop are o be used only with our triggers or the factory curved trigger. We know Sig's general tolerances and we know our own, but what we can't control are other aftermarket trigger manufacturers tolerances. There are 3 others out there jumping into the world of P320 triggers and it would be nearly impossible for us to make a trigger bar that we could guarantee would work with anybody else's products.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask here.

Scott

ok thanks for the clarification, whats the price going to be from you? as I told both of the crs I talked to at apex, you really stepped up to take care of your customers!, you (apex) did nothing wrong, yet you are replacing the triggers free of charge and we aren't even paying shipping! that's customer service!, and in the future, if you need any "field testing" on any sig 320 related products may I suggest...ME!,

and another idea.....how about making a p320 magwell that's a no gunsmithing drop in part like the magpul glock
    https://www.magpul.com/products/gl-enhanced-magazine-well

and another idea, sig is making fill size and carry x frames, but they haven't announced a "compact" x5 frame yet, i'd rather not have to buy new mags....instead of the sig logo on the frame, I wouldn't mind a apex logo on there

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Just got back from the range with my upgraded p320 carry and shot well enough to keep my wandering eyes at bay, at least for now. I was upgraded shortly after the recall started so sometime last fall. I therefore can't compare the feel before and after because it was so long ago and Bob is old and forgets things. The trigger pull on my Lyman averages about 7 lbs, 3 oz from ~20 pulls. These were from as close to the center of the trigger as I could get. For a carry gun, 7ish works for me.

Now on to my question for those of you who had gotten the upgrade--I noticed the serial numbers on the barrel and the frame do not match. Is that normal? I don't know whether or not they did prior to the upgrade. It's just a curiosity as it/I shot well enough to not care but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Regards,
    Bob

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Just got back from the range with my upgraded p320 carry and shot well enough to keep my wandering eyes at bay, at least for now. I was upgraded shortly after the recall started so sometime last fall. I therefore can't compare the feel before and after because it was so long ago and Bob is old and forgets things. The trigger pull on my Lyman averages about 7 lbs, 3 oz from ~20 pulls. These were from as close to the center of the trigger as I could get. For a carry gun, 7ish works for me.

Now on to my question for those of you who had gotten the upgrade--I noticed the serial numbers on the barrel and the frame do not match. Is that normal? I don't know whether or not they did prior to the upgrade. It's just a curiosity as it/I shot well enough to not care but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Regards,
    Bob

neither of my 320s have serial numbers on the barrel
    my german made sigs doo (226 and 220)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I mailed out my old grey guns flat trigger last Monday 2.5.19 and last night I got the email that the replacement will be to me on Thursday the 15th PLUS grey guns gave me a coupon code for 20.00 off a online purchase!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so last Monday (2.12.18) I ordered the apex trigger bar, according to the website they wouldn't be shipping till the next week (the 19th) imagine my surprise when I get an email sayin that a package had been shipped on 2.15! and on Saturday the 17th it was at my house when I got home from work, I watched the video on the apex website on Saturday night, then again on Sunday morning, the video was about 5 minuets long, and it took less time than that to install the parts!

I pulled out both my 320's one has the apex flat trigger and trigger bar, and the other has the grey guns flat trigger, and while apex advertised a 20% reduction in trigger pull length and a 30% reduction in reset, I didn't really notice anything till I compared it to the other, and in a side by side comparison, the apex is a night and day difference!

almost all pretravel is gone!, reset is amazing! the modifications are awesome! the trigger on this gun was great from the factory, and now its even better! I don't have any concerns about this parts kit in either carrying or using this in competition!

my advice....buy it, you can thank me later!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    so last Monday (2.12.18) I ordered the apex trigger bar, according to the website they wouldn't be shipping till the next week (the 19th) imagine my surprise when I get an email sayin that a package had been shipped on 2.15! and on Saturday the 17th it was at my house when I got home from work, I watched the video on the apex website on Saturday night, then again on Sunday morning, the video was about 5 minuets long, and it took less time than that to install the parts!

I pulled out both my 320's one has the apex flat trigger and trigger bar, and the other has the grey guns flat trigger, and while apex advertised a 20% reduction in trigger pull length and a 30% reduction in reset, I didn't really notice anything till I compared it to the other, and in a side by side comparison, the apex is a night and day difference!

almost all pretravel is gone!, reset is amazing! the modifications are awesome! the trigger on this gun was great from the factory, and now its even better! I don't have any concerns about this parts kit in either carrying or using this in competition!

my advice....buy it, you can thank me later!

thats great info shootersix. I was on the fence with getting another apex set up since I’m happy with the upgrade but I’ll go ahead and order it. Thanks!

Top Bottom