Ret. Marine Col: Chattanooga Shows How ‘Gun Control Mafia’ Leaves Us Defenseless

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Gotta love them Marines.

"We can arm every recruiter, and that will help the recruiter stations in case they are attacked. We can arm every Naval Reserve Center, every Army Reserve Center, but that’s not the issue. The issue is, if [the recruiting stations and reserve centers] become hard targets, the other people that own shops and so forth in that strip mall aren’t protected themselves.

I think the problem is really this pervasive gun control mafia that we have in this country, that basically advocates for taking guns away from citizens who could potentially defend themselves, and leaving the only guns in the hands of those who might do them harm."

Ret. Marine Colonel: Chattanooga Shows How 'Gun Control Mafia' Leaves Us Defenseless

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Disarming our ARMED forces is the most ridiculous thing ever concocted by government. It disrespects our Service men and women. But what do you expect from the man behind it? Bill Clinton, this blood is on YOUR hands!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Ft Hood shooting was nearly 6 years ago and the IHOP shooting in Reno was almost 4 years ago. The Arkansas recruiters office shooting was over 6 years ago. I don't think we've seen the last of this. I also think the military has too many commanders more concerned about their next promotion than are concerned about actually protecting the force. Protection measures that inconvenience the hell out of people authorized to be somewhere always look good on paper: paper like evaluations and decoration citations. How many senior officials in the military would find it inconceivable to have a few hundred NCOs on a stateside base going about their business with an M9 in a holster?

Lock up the weapons in the armory and the ammo miles away. An ND could be a career-killer, can't risk that at any cost.

I saw this kind of mindset throughout the 21+ years I spent in the USAF. Hell, I saw it in deployed locations. I've become a lot more cynical in the 8 years since I wore the uniform. I've also moved back to Indiana, got a LTCH and several more guns. Maybe cynical is just another way of saying situationally aware.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How sad is it that civilians have to stand up and protect our soldiers because they arent allowed to have guns? What kind of backwards country are we in? SMH

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Mass shootings always seem to happen where guns are not permitted. That big sign that says "No Guns Allowed" on the door just tells badguys "you'll probly be able to shoot the place up without much resistance."

I saw an article that said a Navy officer at the second location returned fire with his own personal sidearm. I wonder if he will be charged by the military if it was not permitted on base?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    How sad is it that civilians have to stand up and protect our soldiers because they arent allowed to have guns? What kind of backwards country are we in? SMH

Remember the L. A. Riots..... They sent in the Ca. National Guard, and the Police had to protect them, because they forgot the ammo !!!!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There we go. Baldy Odierno was just quoted saying, "We don't want to over-arm ourselves in strip-malls, accidental discharges can happen." That old bastard is about to retire as a 4-star and he still trying to get promoted and playing CYA at all costs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There we go. Baldy Odierno was just quoted saying, "We don't want to over-arm ourselves in strip-malls, accidental discharges can happen." That old bastard is about to retire as a 4-star and he still trying to get promoted and playing CYA at all costs.

It is a sad situation in our military when an accidental discharge is a career killer, but 4 dead Marines are not. The retired Marine that was quoted by the OP coined a term I don't recall hearing much. The 'Gun Control Mafia' is really an accurate name for those buffoons. But, the Gun Control Mafia is not made entirely of buffoons. There are some really intelligent people in there trying to disarm the average person. They gladly use the buffoons in any way possible and there are always the morons that willingly follow the higher ups in the Gun Control Mafia. It's all about power... Nothing more.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Remember the L. A. Riots..... They sent in the Ca. National Guard, and the Police had to protect them, because they forgot the ammo !!!!!

Forgot? Nope. SOP to carry a battle rifle into a riot unloaded from what I have heard. Apparently they rely on the fear of a scary black rifle to keep the sheeple in line.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Disarming our ARMED forces is the most ridiculous thing ever concocted by government. It disrespects our Service men and women. But what do you expect from the man behind it? Bill Clinton, this blood is on YOUR hands!

Can you explain this? My dad was an Army recruiter in Goldsboro, NC (SJAFB) in the early/mid-80s and he never carried a weapon. Neither did the Marines, Air Force, nor Navy guys. They were just as defenseless (actually more, when you think about all the open posts back then) than they are now. How is Clinton related to this? Honest question.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can you explain this? My dad was an Army recruiter in Goldsboro, NC (SJAFB) in the early/mid-80s and he never carried a weapon. Neither did the Marines, Air Force, nor Navy guys. They were just as defenseless (actually more, when you think about all the open posts back then) than they are now. How is Clinton related to this? Honest question.

After a bit of Google-fu it was actually Bush who signed it, but it didnt take effect until Clinton took office. Thats the confusing part.

This Is Why Most Military Personnel Aren?t Armed on Military Bases ? and It?s Not Clinton?s Fault | TheBlaze.com

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I wonder how these soldiers would be armed and/or trained if they allowed them all (or most to carry) to carry.

Kut (thinks there's a pretty hefty bill to get that started)

If this were happening up to the early 1980s, the answer would be obvious: 1911A1
    Now, the answer is equally obvious: Beretta M9
    Both of the official military sidearms at those points in time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If this were happening up to the early 1980s, the answer would be obvious: 1911A1
    Now, the answer is equally obvious: Beretta M9
    Both of the official military sidearms at those points in time.

Well yeah, the choice of weapon is obvious, but what about from a liability standpoint? You would have to train hundreds of thousands of soldiers, and outfit them with weapons, ammo, and gear. Does the sidearm become an official part of the uniform? And if it does, will there then be restrictions on when one can wear said uniform? Does the uniform change for GIs working overseas on posts/bases in stable countries? How does this apply to posse comitatus for stateside soldiers? The amount of policy this would entail is staggering.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well yeah, the choice of weapon is obvious, but what about from a liability standpoint? You would have to train hundreds of thousands of soldiers, and outfit them with weapons, ammo, and gear. Does the sidearm become an official part of the uniform? And if it does, will there then be restrictions on when one can wear said uniform? Does the uniform change for GIs working overseas on posts/bases in stable countries? How does this apply to posse comitatus for stateside soldiers? The amount of policy this would entail is staggering.

All that it would require is the will to do it.
    These are military men, and recruiters are supposed to be among the best troops (we call them "4.0"), so it doesn't seem really all that crazy to expect them to undergo a bit of extra training.
    After all, they are military.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    All that it would require is the will to do it.
    These are military men, and recruiters are supposed to be among the best troops (we call them "4.0"), so it doesn't seem really all that crazy to expect them to undergo a bit of extra training.
    After all, they are military.
    M9 qualification takes half a day and is good for however many years the services say (Cops qualify every 6 months, slugs like me was every 15 months-2 years). There is no shortage of GSA-approved containers (AKA safes) in the military.

The AF generally quals enlisted troops on M16 and officers on M9s. If there are codes on the deployment documents for the specific position to have more qualification (experience with certain equipment, can drive a tractor-trailer, etc). Air Traffic Controllers working out of Baghdad International Airport (BIAP) were deploying with M16s, not qualified on M9s. A tower isn't a good place for a rifle. I was involved with remedying this situation, it really wasn't that hard but was very important.

So, if a lowly MSgt in Qatar can help fix a problem with M9 carry in Iraq (which involved getting pukes in South Carolina to develop a clue), why can't this be an easy fix too?

Top Bottom