• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s0m3d00d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I`ve been pricing a glock 19 for a little while now. I`ve seen the average prices on the net, and I`m curious as to what the going prices are currently in retail. Also as I never have owned a glock persay. With buying used, what are some things I should look for so I don`t end up w/ a piece of junk. I`ve kinda still deciding between the glock , and an XD (9mm). So I suppose the same question can be applied to the XD as well. Any info is highly appreciated.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Gen3 $499 at Bradis and I believe $490 at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. As far as used prices go a Gen2 will go for $350 to $400 (if you can find one) and a Gen3 will be around $450. If you want a Gen3 then it's prolly a better deal to buy new.

I'm not sure about Gen4's but I know they are more.

With a Glock you most likely won't end up with junk. I'd look for slide finish wear, scratches in the plastic and down the barrel. If it's kind of beat up then it's probably still worth $300.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    im also interested, i plan on goin after a used g17 one of these days so this pertains to my interests :)

I Know at Bradis all Gen3 9mm Glocks are $499. Used 17's go for about the same as the 19's I think. You can find used Gen2 police trade in's for $350 to $400 or used Gen3's for $450.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Glocks...polymer mags and no take down lever...only uses polymer mags even though you can buy aftermarket steel...if you place steel aftermkt mags in without pressing on mag release eventually will shave polymer mag release...fyi! XD's have take down lever and use steel mags. If you like Glock buy Glock...same with XD but give them both ample opportunity as both are very dependable weapons. Glocks have tendency to be a little better on resale...you can find proof on here if you compare prices. Also the XD'd seem more plentiful used as compared to fewer Glocks especially the 9mm vs the .40's

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    the gen 3 glock 19 is a cinch to break down completely. if you plan to buy used break it down and inspect the parts. you'll know then the condition of the piece. hard to go wrong with a glock.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    When inspecting a used Glock, look for some copper colored grease/ lube in the slide rails thats factory lube and a sign that its not been used much or never cleaned which will be evident if its been fired alot.

Have you fired either or both? That would really help out in your decision too. I have (3) Gen 2 Glocks (1 G17 & 2 G19s) and prefer them over the others, I have not fired a Gen 4 but I do like feel better than the finger grooves on the Gen 3s.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Not to start a flame war but Glock magazines are polymer over steel, not all polymer.

If you are looking at a Glock and it is broken in half then you'll probably have junk but a Glock is one of the very few guns I'd have to issues buying used. My only advice, and I'd offer this with any gun, is to avoid them if they've had 'modifications' that aren't factory and I usually try to buy guns where the owner has kept the box and paperwork; it makes me feel like they'll go the extra mile to care for it if they are the type of people to keep the pistol box and papers.

If you field strip a Glock and on the inside of the frame above the rail on the front the could be the number '7' pressed into the frame. If so, then the gun has gone back to Glock and has been factory refurbished. There is absolutely no issue with these guns and they carry the same factory warranty as a NIB Glock.

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    When inspecting a used Glock, look for some copper colored grease/ lube in the slide rails thats factory lube and a sign that its not been used much or never cleaned which will be evident if its been fired alot.

Have you fired either or both? That would really help out in your decision too. I have (3) Gen 2 Glocks (1 G17 & 2 G19s) and prefer them over the others, I have not fired a Gen 4 but I do like feel better than the finger grooves on the Gen 3s.

The copper grease is a good indicator or age/use, but be aware that this grease can be bought. I have some, and a seller could use it to mimic a "young" gun.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    thanks for the replies, im thinking about checking out pss today, $450 isnt bad but i was hoping to hear a little lower, of course there is always private sale. oh well never hurts to look, then again Bob will probably talk me into it, i always hate leaving gun store without buying anything.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You can always buy police trade in's at gun shows or some shops.

One cool little thing about buying older, used Glocks, is that you bring them to a local GSSF match and have the Glock armorer look them over and replace any used springs and such.

Then shoot the GSSF match and have some fun.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    I bought my G19 for 475+tax at the gunshow here in Lafayette. If at all possible I would go rent both guns that you want to buy and see wich one you like the best, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    so far ive only shot a gen 4 g22, liked it a lot but want to get the 9mm, ive heard about the GSSF doing that, something ill look into for sure. i know the indy 1500 is only 2 weeks out but, man im feeling impatient!

s0m3d00d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for all the info everyone. Definitely answered my questions.(well at least regarding glock) I was kinda aiming toward glock anyway for durability reasons regarding rust,elements etc due to I will be carrying this. The only reason I was looking at the XD was more on the fact of the grip safety. I have a few 5.11 holster shirts where that would come in handy. I`m not too sure how safe it would be with carrying a glock in this manner. (Due to I`m an active person) Has any of you carried a glock in this manner? Yes of course I will have another holster or 2, but some circumstances could require me using the 5.11.

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    if either of you are current, former, ret, military or know anyone that is, you can get a new glock for less then what you can get a used gen3 for with their military/leo program!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The copper grease is a good indicator or age/use, but be aware that this grease can be bought. I have some, and a seller could use it to mimic a "young" gun.

True, but thats where the whole inspection will show other signs of wear/ usage. Even having holster wear.... lets face it, the average pistol is either carried or spends more time in a safe/ box/ nightstand than being fired.

Top Bottom