• ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    This looks like this will be first time I have taken Revere's training where it wasn't in the 20's or raining on us all day :>)..

I do have a question. For the class is there range fees due? I didn't see anything about it in the emails. I just want to make sure I bring enough cash.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Thank you,

Ron

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    This looks like this will be first time I have taken Revere's training where it wasn't in the 20's or raining on us all day :>)..

I do have a question. For the class is there range fees due? I didn't see anything about it in the emails. I just want to make sure I bring enough cash.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Thank you,

Ron

Yes the weather and course was great!!!!! The range fees are included in the ticket price.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Glad the weather worked out very well for our course. Cool, dry & sunny with the sun on our backs! Thanks again Obijohn, 308jake & RCC for hosting.

Class was a very fun experience for me & extremely helpful for my shooting. John knows a lot about a lot & is freaking hilarious.
    The format of the class was well thought out and never boring, short discussion on theory and application with assessment & correction.
    The first half of the class was all about form, emphasizing draw stroke & grip. John & Granger were very helpful correcting my bad habits.
    My groups noticeably tightened up in our drills & at the same time if they were too tight, John had me speed up to spread them out.
    He tailored the "defensive" curriculum, with me unlearning slower bulls-eye/target habits, having different discussions with the ex-mil students.
    The back half of the class was much more focused on movement, situational awareness, threat scans and clearing type 1 malfunctions.
    Our afternoon made handgun shooting much more applicable to real world defensive scenarios, and ingrained logical real world tactics.
    The class was very worthwhile, with a very high instructor / student ratio. I learned a ton and will definitely attend future RR & ACT courses!

Yes the weather and course was great!!!!! The range fees are included in the ticket price.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Glad the weather worked out very well for our course. Cool, dry & sunny with the sun on our backs! Thanks again Obijohn, 308jake & RCC for hosting.

Class was a very fun experience for me & extremely helpful for my shooting. John knows a lot about a lot & is freaking hilarious.
    The format of the class was well thought out and never boring, short discussion on theory and application with assessment & correction.
    The first half of the class was all about form, emphasizing draw stroke & grip. John & Granger were very helpful correcting my bad habits.
    My groups noticeably tightened up in our drills & at the same time if they were too tight, John had me speed up to spread them out.
    He tailored the "defensive" curriculum, with me unlearning slower bulls-eye/target habits, having different discussions with the ex-mil students.
    The back half of the class was much more focused on movement, situational awareness, threat scans and clearing type 1 malfunctions.
    Our afternoon made handgun shooting much more applicable to real world defensive scenarios, and ingrained logical real world tactics.
    The class was very worthwhile, with a very high instructor / student ratio. I learned a ton and will definitely attend future RR & ACT courses!

Thanks for your kind comments on the event, brchixwing!

This event was our first as part of a new partnership with John Viray/ACT; we have two more Pistol 145 (Intro to Defensive Pistol) courses coming later in the year.

If this partnership works out well (and I have no reason to believe that it won't; especially given the success of this first event), there is the potential to add more events with John Viray/ACT in 2020 and beyond. John has a complete range of courses that he teaches, nearly all of which would be great options for including in our partnership.

Let us know what courses you might be interested in adding to the Revere's Riders partnership with ACT.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I must second what brchixwing said above about the class.

I learned so much as this was my first training experience with pulling from the holster. John and Granger (and the RR folks), were always ready to offer advice and explained very well where I may improve. My confidence level and my ability was greatly improved due to the many defensive drills we went through.

John and Granger are very "down to earth" instructors and not afraid to push you bit. There is no doubt in my mind that they know what they are doing, but more importantly know how to pass the information to others.

The pace of the class was perfect, but we did stay pretty dang busy!

I highly recommend this class, and for those that have taken a RR basic pistol class, to get your tickets now. It is a perfect fit coming from the basic class, and you will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks to all that made this possible!

Ron

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well we all had a great time at the RANGE Saturday while most of INGO was laying on the freaking couch!

John and G-man conducted a outstanding class that is truly a great value. ACT has invested the time to train with some of the top instructors in the business and it shows. You don’t have to travel far to get great training at a reasonable price.
    It’s rare when a instructor can help a shooter with being cross eyed dominant!
    I concur the other students comments class was well paced and a blast.

brchixwing is turning out to be a beast on the range, he brought some kind of high speed SIG I started to make fun of him until he started shooting! He also runs a AK OK!

By the end of the day Gaffer was blasting though the drills like a pro !

Thanks to 308jake and gopher for making this event happen if you are on INGO you need to check out a RR event.

So get off the couch put down the phone and sign up for a course, don’t be afraid to meet people from INGO almost all of them are not insane.
    The prices are reasonable the equipment requirements are reasonable so whats stopping you?

BTW
    In this class I passed 1800 rounds with the S&W M&P 2.0 compact with zero malfunctions. I am still struggling with a striker fired pistol.
    I continue to reset the trigger like a double action it must be hardwired in my brain.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. Granger and I truly appreciate your attention and enthusiasm. ACT is looking forward to many more activities with RR. Let the Revere's Riders staff what you would like to see in the future and we'll see what happens.

See you all on the range!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. Granger and I truly appreciate your attention and enthusiasm. ACT is looking forward to many more activities with RR. Let the Revere's Riders staff what you would like to see in the future and we'll see what happens.

See you all on the range!

Suggestions/ request... defensive rifle type event that encourages participants to bring different types of rifles and do a battlefield pickup instruction. Brief manual of arms and opportunity to shoot rifles you may not own in addition to battlefield pickuplogic. :-)

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Suggestions/ request... defensive rifle type event that encourages participants to bring different types of rifles and do a battlefield pickup instruction. Brief manual of arms and opportunity to shoot rifles you may not own in addition to battlefield pickuplogic. :-)

Interesting idea....hmmmm

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute

Hey Doc, "battle field pick up" familiarization is part of ACT's Defensive rifle 201 and the combined 101/201 class. I have a meeting next week, this may or may not be on the table for discussion. I could tell you for sure, but then Jake would have to kill you. :):

Seriously, this subject is important. You never know what you might have to pickup off the ground and fight with.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...You never know what you might have to pickup off the ground and fight with.

Civil Unrest 301 class:

00a2e71309b9d118d6d85bb9b406e6c013756f7cce106f52e33571c0c2ecf542.jpg

Top Bottom