• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yep. All I shoot anymore is coated bullets.

edit: unlike the rest of the “buy a load manual” answers on the internet, I will actually share my loads.

45 ACP - 200 grain LSWC over 4.8 gr Bullseye. 1.24-1.25” OAL
    38 spl - 160 grain LRN over 3.6 gr Bullseye. These are a bit spicy but what my Dad loads to get the steel poppers to fall.

Vert, the steel poppers statement made me think: Is that an issue with 9 mm loads that are loaded a little on the light side?

I'm loading up what I would call a medium load with 3.8 gr TG behind a 125 gr TC Blue Bullet, 1.150 OAL.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Vert, the steel poppers statement made me think: Is that an issue with 9 mm loads that are loaded a little on the light side?

I'm loading up what I would call a medium load with 3.8 gr TG behind a 125 gr TC Blue Bullet, 1.150 OAL.

For Steel Challenge I don’t think there are any minimum power factor requirements. Check the rules. But basically the gun needs to run and be accurate enough to hit an 8” steel plate. But USPSA requires you meet the 125 PF requirements. Load them to light and not only will the load not follow the rules but you also risk not having enough snort to make the pepper poppers fall. Dad likes to lay those bad boys down so he gives them pills a bit more gas.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For Steel Challenge I don’t think there are any minimum power factor requirements. Check the rules. But basically the gun needs to run and be accurate enough to hit an 8” steel plate. But USPSA requires you meet the 125 PF requirements. Load them to light and not only will the load not follow the rules but you also risk not having enough snort to make the pepper poppers fall. Dad likes to lay those bad boys down so he gives them pills a bit more gas.

Seems like folks are getting 130PF out of 3.6-3.8 charge weights out of similar barrels. I don't have a chrono to check though.

I have no plans to shoot USPSA, but I'm planning on loading up everything I have over winter so what I have it what I'll have to shoot.:)

Top Bottom