• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    IMG_0619.jpg

From the interwebs:
    The illustrated Case Knife is the (LT265-5SS) Case Hunting Knife with a 5" clip blade made of Tru-Sharp surgical steel. The blade of this Case knife has a notched thumb rest. The contoured lightweight handle is made of slip resistant synthetic thermoplastic, and comes with the Case logo. The Case Hunting Knife with Clip Point blade and lightweight handle has an overall length of 10" and weighs 5.9 ounces.
    From my experience:
    This Case knife is (Ding! Ding!) made in the USA. It has the ideal (imho) blade length for field dressing deer. It came sharp as heck, and appears to take a touch-up easily to restore that keen edge despite being stainless. The best feature of the knife is the handle. It fills the hand, and the rubber material is not slippery even with cold, wet hands. Drawbacks include the sheath which is just as cheesy as they could get by with, and the fact that the blade is not full-tang. Tough enough for most hunting chores? You bet. Survival applications? Kinda doubtful it would stand up to real hard use. It sure is nice and light, and the price is right.

I have field dressed and quartered 4 deer with this knife. One of the 4 I did the “gutless” method of field processing. The knife held a sharp edge and the handle truly was a pleasure to grip. I barely notice this knife hanging off my belt. While I don’t think anyone will mistake this for an heirloom, for an inexpensive USA made utilitarian knife it’s a very solid value selling around $33.

Top Bottom