• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    After the training classes I've taken in the past, I'm a firm believer in carrying spare magazines. Most malfunctions will be cured by changing your magazine. Plus, you never know what kind of situation you can get yourself into. It may even take almost a whole magazine to bring a BG down. If that happens, you'll only have a few rounds left. You'll need more to get yourself home, there may even be more threats around. So I always carry 2 spare magazines whenever I go out.
    When I was shopping around for magazine pouches, I checked out Comp-Tac. Based on a few guys' recommendations on here, guys that I respect A LOT, I decided on Comp-Tac's MTAC Holster. So since I like their holster a lot, I chose to go with their magazine pouches.

They just "click" onto your belt. I wouldn't recommend using a cheap belt either. They tend to really pull at it. Using a much better belt works the best. I use the Wilderness Instructor's Belt. When I'm wearing the magazine pouches, I seriously can't tell I have them on. They are so comfortable!

Now, a few of you guys who have met me probably already know this, but I'm far from being a "tactical guy". Honestly, I would look very retarded all decked out in tactical gear. I like these pouches a lot because they aren't really "tactical", and you can use these in classes, plus when you're out on the street. I'm also a believer of only training in what you EDC. And these work out very well.

c638f98b.jpg

ddfd7811.jpg

b187f893.jpg

623085ce.jpg

b8e537ea.jpg

One thing I like about them is that you can only put the mag in one direction. Makes for less confusion. And you can order them for the right or the left side.

b3329141.jpg

They are also easy to conceal.

1648cb68.jpg

1344ea5e.jpg

Here they are in action!
    b5c3e2d6.jpg

Comp-Tac even makes AR15 magazine pouches!
    e0ef4c4a.jpg

c5ccc61b.jpg

5c03f3cd.jpg

910f6db5.jpg

177ce544.jpg

Some more action pictures!

f8f8f7f6.jpg

29179fa2.jpg

Here are a combination of AR15 and 9mm magazine pouches

a2f9e17d.jpg

You can purchase these mags here: Magazine Pouches -

And if you don't like the black color, you can also get them in red!

I don't think the prices are all that bad. $39 for the AR15, $28 for the other pouch.

I fully recommend them. I'm very happy with them. And I think anyone who decides to go this route will feel the same way. Plus, you get smarties with every order! :rockwoot:

DISCLAIMER:

I screwed up when I was at my range. You'll notice 2 pictures where I have a magazine in the pouch turned the wrong way. That was a 9mm mag in a .45 mag pouch. I didn't realize it until after I took the pictures. It was getting dark, and I wanted to get some shooting in. So I didn't bother to take more pictures. I apologize for my stupid screw up!

Top Bottom