• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Love my Converse 8" Desert sidezips...after 2 years mine stunk so bad I ordered a new pair :):

My Oakleys squeek when wet, that blows :rolleyes:

5.11's didn't last me a year.

Right now I'm breaking in a pair of Bates GX-8

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    For the record, they were comfortable (before they fell apart!).

I had always liked Magnum boots, but unfortunately, they don't make anything that meets my employer's safety requirements.

I wasn't terribly worried about it (getting a replacement through Converse), as my employer supplied them, and they subsequently purchased another pair of boots, albeit a different brand (LaCrosse). That pair was just recently replaced after 1 year of service. But that was only because the soles were worn thin, so they're getting resoled.

Now, I would like to mention, again for the record and fairness... :) My first message was posted before I went to work. I just got home from work a little bit ago (is it sad that my life revolves around INGO?). I do routinely walk on grated platforms, come in contact with oils, chemicals, coal, dirt, mud, etc, etc etc. The Converse pair that I had were purchased from Cintas and had the safety toe, were electrical hazard rated, at 8".

Carry on. :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    For the record, they were comfortable (before they fell apart!).

I had always liked Magnum boots, but unfortunately, they don't make anything that meets my employer's safety requirements.

I wasn't terribly worried about it (getting a replacement through Converse), as my employer supplied them, and they subsequently purchased another pair of boots, albeit a different brand (LaCrosse). That pair was just recently replaced after 1 year of service. But that was only because the soles were worn thin, so they're getting resoled.

Now, I would like to mention, again for the record and fairness... :) My first message was posted before I went to work. I just got home from work a little bit ago (is it sad that my life revolves around INGO?). I do routinely walk on grated platforms, come in contact with oils, chemicals, coal, dirt, mud, etc, etc etc. The Converse pair that I had were purchased from Cintas and had the safety toe, were electrical hazard rated, at 8".

Carry on. :)

so your converse boots werent the same ones i reviewed then? im not saying all converse boots are good. im just speaking to the 6" side zip rapid response desert boot with soft toe

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The Black on Black chuck t's are nice. Our Navy Seals wear them as they don't tend to make much noise...and they don't. We were training in the woods down south and the seals were training nearby, they were able to sneak up on us, remind us that they could kill us whenever they wanted without us knowing, then sneak away without making a sound. The next day i spoke with one who said they all wear the chucks as they don't make noise and are light weight. I have 3 pairs of danners that are awesome keeping your feet dry and outlasting anything, but they feel like two cinder blocks on your feet. I just purchased some oakleys with the gov. discount, though after reading the empirical review here, i may have just f'd up. At least i know they'll be comfortable for at least a few days.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    so your converse boots werent the same ones i reviewed then? im not saying all converse boots are good. im just speaking to the 6" side zip rapid response desert boot with soft toe

Do you have a link to the specific boot you bought? I followed your link to the general site and did a search, but I don't think I found the particular boot you were reviewing.

PS - did you ever post about that sweet deal when it was still going on?! Come on! You gotta share the knowledge, bro!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    damn you e5ranger for leaving out how these boots have held up for 65 years after invading normandy and what not. i can't believe you kept them that long. i mean only 3 pairs in that time frame is impressive.

on a side not i rocked a pair in iraq for over a year (in normal rotation with issued boots and altama's and they held up very well for the abuse they took. good boots for a good price point)

i wish there was a little face with a angry fist wave and i would have it give you the business for leaving that info out you sob :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Do you have a link to the specific boot you bought? I followed your link to the general site and did a search, but I don't think I found the particular boot you were reviewing.

PS - did you ever post about that sweet deal when it was still going on?! Come on! You gotta share the knowledge, bro!

here is the link:

Converse Mens 6 inch Rapid Response Desert Boot Soft Toe plus FREE SHIPPING!

actualy the deal was posted on INGO over the memorial day weekend i thought? maybe it was just through PM? sorry i dont remember. I deffinately should have made sure it was posted if it wasnt. sorry i dont know what thread it was in? it was the one by LEX CONCORD and he was asking what boot people recomended i believe. I recomended the Converse 6" rapid response boot to him because of my good experiences with it, and I told him through PM where i had bought them from (LA Police Gear.com) and he went there and found the sale going on and told me about it. so i cant take credit, it was him who found the extra 15% off that weekend, which i of coarse quickly jumped on too, lol..
    they are still only $82 with free shipping, and they come with a free pair of socks, (mine were 5.11)

I never seem to find the good retail deals. Im a tight wad, who trys to not ever pay retail of i can help it. paying dealer prices for so long has spoiled me, lol.

grunt soldier, ill deal with your transgressions later :laugh:

yes i too was very suprised by how long they have lasted each time. its almost like i want them to fail so i can say something bad about them, lol.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm not that big. That said, I wear size 16 shoes...:D I don't fall over easily....

:n00b: i just spit coke all over my screen through my nose. thanks :):

growing up i got my size 13 (in running shoes) feet very early in life. it was very hard to find shoes that fit that were in stock. you wear a 16? man i cant imagine the hassle for you finding shoes., also i feel sorry for your mother who birthed you, im sure they didnt just sprout overnight.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County

Not the same model! Sorry! I was going to the flip side of that and thinking that other Converse boots must not be any good.

Top Bottom