• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • McMoon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I picked up my 42 a few weeks ago. I had been keeping an eye out and found one at Phoenix guns in Columbus, IN. I love the small size, and similar but better, than my 36, the single stack is much better to hold for smaller hands. That being said, like many small .380 , my pinky falls below the grip. I have solved this with the Pearce extension which, doesn't make it much more difficult to conceal.

The shooting was fun as mentioned above, light recoil and accurate at about 20 yards. I think this is a nice small carry gun for someone who wants a smaller pistol to conceal with Glock reliability.

operatorj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Heltonville
    Got a chance to try one the other dwy. I realy like the size and how it shoots. Wish it was 9mm in the same dize but will still pick one up anyways.

SolidSnake99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Lowell, IN
    I picked up my G42 from Blythe's 2 weeks ago today and was able to finally shoot it this past weekend. I put about 60 rds (10 mags) through it and had issues with nearly every mag. I had several FTE including stovepipes and the trigger resetting without ejecting the round at all. I also had several hang ups FTF where it would partially load the next round and I would have to push the slide forward the rest of the way. I also have 1 mag that fails to lock the slide to the rear when empty. I also noticed the mag springs are very stiff and make ejecting a round from the mag more difficult then other Glock's I have owned. Although they seem to be lightening up from working the springs while sitting around the house. From my time shooting it it is extremely comfortable to hold even with larger hands and is a very soft shooting gun with minimal recoil. I gave her a good cleaning after my trip to the range and hope next time the issues are cleared up.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I bought two, and my father in law bought one. My wife got rid of her lcp for the 42 because of how "fun" it was for her to shoot. Between the three that I have access to, 2 of the 3 have the old style slide stop, and my wife's has the new style. Of all 3, I've had no issues with them. I've shot WWB, Fiocchi FMJ, Tula steel FMJ, Federal FMJ, Remington Golden Saber, DRT, and Critical Defense. Round count on mine alone is over 200.

I really wanted to hate this gun when it was released, because I wanted it to be a 9. I had a PM9 and couldn't justify buying a pistol the same size in a .380. I got my hands on one and shot it and it made me sell my pm9 and buy one. The biggest reason was that I didn't really enjoy how snappy my pm9 was, and I didn't care for the long trigger pull. The pm9 was a great gun, but I want to shoot this 42 every time I go to the range. That is a big plus for a gun that you'll be carrying. Most people don't spend enough time with their carry guns.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom