• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Here's a detailed review I posted last night of the HK45 and FNP 45.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG09ef6n3nY[/ame]

Questions and comments are welcome.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Awesome

Awesome video. Thank you for the extremely professional product analysis in your pistol comparison. I found your description to be both intelligent and unbias. I appreciate the side by side comparison of these two models espescially. Reading specs on the net doesnt even come close to the thourough comparison you have shown me. Thanks again

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    That vest doesn't look like it's covering jack-**** on you. Guess they don't make 'em in "big dude" sizes. :):

Great review as always, though!
    It's a small vest, only meant to cover your upper chest. Lots of people say it's too small, but it's not designed to offer full coverage. It seems they wanted it to me small, light weight (like 2lbs) and be used for home defense. You load it up with a pistol, light and 3 mags then set it by your bed. If you hear a bump in the night you can toss it on quickly, have all your gear and have some level of protection. They have other offerings coming out that will offer more protection. But the vest I'm wearing is $199 for the front panel only or $299 for front and rear. It's really affordable.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    great review.... after seeing it i am fairly sure that I would go with your choice as well... I'm a BIG guy, probably even bigger than you, so the wider grip on the FN will probably be beneficial! I appreciate an honest, in depth, through review!

:+1:

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    It's a small vest, only meant to cover your upper chest. Lots of people say it's too small, but it's not designed to offer full coverage. It seems they wanted it to me small, light weight (like 2lbs) and be used for home defense. You load it up with a pistol, light and 3 mags then set it by your bed. If you hear a bump in the night you can toss it on quickly, have all your gear and have some level of protection. They have other offerings coming out that will offer more protection. But the vest I'm wearing is $199 for the front panel only or $299 for front and rear. It's really affordable.

Thanks for the informative review! I've found Eagle vests to be great FYI.

Didn't know you had a youtube channel -

I lended you a surefire light when you were picking up a Scar .308 in Blythes a while back.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Another nice review. If money was no object, I'd go with the HK. Since I am not in the market for a .45, I guess it doesn't matter. Be keeping my eye out for that shirt contest.:yesway:

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    I should add that my thoughts are similar on both pistols.

This was why I decided to go with a HK USP .45, (12 round capacity, Price - VG Condition Police Trade In).

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Thanks for the informative review! I've found Eagle vests to be great FYI.

Didn't know you had a youtube channel -

I lended you a surefire light when you were picking up a Scar .308 in Blythes a while back.
    Oh hey, nice to see you here. :) Do you get to Blythes very often?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I love the FN line of pistols. I find the DA to be shorter then my 92FS, maybe even shorter then my Sig also. At combat distance I can put all my DA shots center mass. I wish I could afford to add a .45 to my collection. Great review as always.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Very nice review +1. I love my HK USP Compacts but have to admit the FN 45 Tactical is on the top of my to-do list.

Top Bottom