• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balorg

Marksman
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    My wife and I visited Beech Grove Firearms last Saturday because of several recommendations by other members on this forum. They are knowledgable, professional, and provide excellent customer service and personalize attention. I can say with great confidence that our first handgun purchase will be thru this store come this fall upon our completion of a handgun safety course.

Finally, my wife also had a wonderful experience and this is what she has to say concerning Beech Grove Firearms:

"As a woman, I have certain apprehensions about things, such as auto mechanics, that my husband doesn't even usually consider if he is placed in the same situation. Gun stores are no exception. Recently, however, I have been considering purchasing a handgun. My husband, a regular reader/contributor to this forum, was recommended Beech Grove Firearms in one of the threads and decided on a trip to said store. The purpose of the visit was for me to handle unloaded handguns to see what I liked. I did not intend to buy anything since I firmly believe that I need a safety course first in order to learn proper handling and firing techniques (especially after an unfortunate previous incident with a 12 gauge shotgun). So, with my natural wariness in full force, we entered the store on a Saturday afternoon and I proceeded to have one of the best first experiences in my life. The operators were very professional and never talked to me condescendingly; every question I asked was answered in a thorough, knowledgeable and courteous manner including the very basic types (e.g. the difference between single and double action). I was encouraged to handle and touch and learn about the guns that I was interested in, which will help a lot for when it comes time to purchase my first handgun (also helped with the comfort level too). They even recommended a safety class, which I will be taking in a couple of months. So, thank you all for recommending this store and thank you Beech Grove Firearms operators for making my visit a very positive one! I, and my husband, will definitely be recommending you to other interested parties as well."

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Glad you guys had a good experience--especially since you came all the way from Btown!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    :+1: for getting safety training. Another suggestion is to get some hands-on experience with a number of firearms before selecting one. Holding them is good to see which fit well in your hands is a good first step, but you can't beat actually shooting several to see which works best for you. Good luck and have fun!

BGFirearms

Plinker
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    MR./Mrs.balorg, I'm not sure if I was in the store yet, but I thank you very much for the kind words spoke about our staff. I/we are blessed with some of the best,helpful,and overall great people to work at Beech Grove Firearms that any business could ever ask for. I'm convinced they make us what we are and will become. Thank you again Greg.....

Top Bottom