Review of Huntertown Arms .22 Suppressors.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Man that meter had a really bad day! Great vids guys! Awesome that we got a local Suppressor maker cranking out a great product... INGO Sponsors to boot!

:ingo:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Excellent review, as a side note the newer Guardians don't have a separate spacer for the blast chamber. They made the blast baffle and spacer all one piece which makes assembly that much easier.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    No B on the GSG??? I was hoping for a comparison between the three. Any plans for that in the future?

I don't know why they didn't, they must have forgot or didn't think to do it. The first thing I heard the "B" on was a GSG and a P22. I was impressed with it on those platforms!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Sorry about that guys, we did forget to shoot video of the BBB on the GSG. In the end comparing audio with a camcorder mic is kind of frustrating. If you listen to the suppressed vs. unsuppressed GSG comparison, it just doesn't do it justice. The best example we could give of the performance was the drying firing of the rifle.

As for the change in the baffle, that's all on Jahred. :)

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Sorry about that guys, we did forget to shoot video of the BBB on the GSG. In the end comparing audio with a camcorder mic is kind of frustrating. If you listen to the suppressed vs. unsuppressed GSG comparison, it just doesn't do it justice. The best example we could give of the performance was the drying firing of the rifle.

As for the change in the baffle, that's all on Jahred. :)

The comparison of a silencer with just about any video camera seems to be frustrating at best. The video camera won't capture the ear ringing loudness of the unsuppressed but will grab a pin drop sound and make the can seem louder than it actually is. Hearing the real thing in person is the only way.

As for the baffle it isn't no thing, just pointing out on the newer ones it is even easier to assemble. ;)

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Actually the can you saw apart in the video on a Stainless baffle can and they are using a spacer instead of the integrated version you see in the Aluminum baffles. I guess the SS take much much longer to mill than AL ones.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Actually the can you saw apart in the video on a Stainless baffle can and they are using a spacer instead of the integrated version you see in the Aluminum baffles. I guess the SS take much much longer to mill than AL ones.

Ah, that makes sense, Stainless is more time and harder on the tooling. We haven't got our hands on the SS baffles yet. :)

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The stainless steel baffles are coming. They are eating tooling and cycle time is 3x the aluminum right now as we perfect the machining process. I would rather wait a bit and disappoint than rush and **** off.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    As a machinist myself, I can tell you machining SS sucks! Until you find the right feeds, speeds, optimum cut and tooling, it is hell.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    To clean them you can dip them in solvents that you can't dip alumium into. In very very high temp applications stainless steel has a higher tensile strength and higher melting point. In high explosive applications aluminum will errode where stainless steel won't.

In other words you can torture stainless steel beyond the physical capabilities of aluminum.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    To clean them you can dip them in solvents that you can't dip alumium into. In very very high temp applications stainless steel has a higher tensile strength and higher melting point. In high explosive applications aluminum will errode where stainless steel won't.

In other words you can torture stainless steel beyond the physical capabilities of aluminum.

Great information. While I may not need or ever use the benefits of the stainless steel baffles, I bet that is what I will end up getting. I always seem to go overkill.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    any idea what the SS ones will be priced at? The stainless version is kinda what i've been wanting. I wanted a Silencerco Sparrow but it sounds like those are pretty tough to get your hands on... Might as well support a local business with a good product!

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    any idea what the SS ones will be priced at? The stainless version is kinda what i've been wanting. I wanted a Silencerco Sparrow but it sounds like those are pretty tough to get your hands on... Might as well support a local business with a good product!

Contact your local Huntertown Arms SOT. A new price sheet is being sent out and it has the prices for the SS baffled cans.

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    If I purchase a can with aluminum baffles would it be possible to upgrade to the stainless at a later time? Would you want the aluminum ones back or would they be mine to keep?

Top Bottom