• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    The 1512 PRO-Max side-by-side rifle case holds two scoped rifles, one on each side. That’s about all that I have to say that is good.

I found it very frustrating to fit a scoped rifle between the pillars inside the case. With a leather sling attached, it was almost impossible. The best cure was to remove the sling and place the rifle scope down in the case. If they want to improve the case I think moving the pillars from the covers to the center piece would make it easier to place the gun properly.

Trying to close and latch the case was even more aggravating. With a scoped rifle in one side it pushed up the padding on the opposite side. It was a hit or miss affair to have the sections mate properly. It uses Plano's patented PillarLock system and heavy-duty latches but they rarely lined up on the first try.

I recently went hunting in Canada and had to allow the Canadian border guards to examine my firearms. The otherwise unflappable guard grew so frustrated with the case that he had me re-latch it.

Over the days of the hunt I had the latches and handle pop off, as well as one side popping apart. I often had to shove the foam padding back in place.

Once latched together, it did perform well and kept my guns safe. It is lockable and airline approved, but be prepared for aggravation if you need to open it for inspection.

Normally I like Plano products and have many other Plano products, but I would not recommend this to anyone with a blood pressure problem because it will make it rise.:xmad:

It retails for $82.99 but you can get it from Amazon for $54.00.:noway:
    002-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom