• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    care to post a review of that primary arms optic?

P1160930.jpg

Primary Arms 3X Compact Scope $179.99
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Compact_Scope_PAC3X_p/pac3x.htm

Ideal for use on AR style rifles. The Primary Arms 3X Compact Scope is compact and features a unique red illuminated reticle with bullet drop compensation for shots out to 500 yards. Waterproof, fog resistant and also fits on ACOG mounts! Base can be removed for use on AR15/M16 carry handles. Front and rear flip up caps included!
    FOV 35' at 100 yards
    Red Illuminated Reticle
    Waterproof/Fog resistant
    Eye relief 3.5"
    .3 MOA windage and elevation adjustments
    5.5" long 15.5oz
    Multi-coated lens
    One year warranty
    Fits in Acog mounts
    Uses single CR2032 battery (Included)
    Base can be removed for use on a AR15/M16 carry handle (Thumb screw sold separately)
    Front and rear flip up caps included!

I purchased this scope a couple weeks ago while waiting for my Palmetto State Armory Midlength Heavy Upper to arrive. I also added to the package the American Defense mount for an additional $60. So for a package price of $240.

Scope arrived a week or so before the upper so I had plenty of time to check it out. Glass is clear, illumination works great although it is not needed to see the reticle in the daylight. In low light or against a dark target it really makes a difference.

This scope is a 3X and built like a tank! I removed the included mount, got the ADM out of it's box, degreased the included mounting screws, applied blue loctite, and tightened them up. This scope can be mounted on any full size ACOG mount. The scope has picatinny rails mounted on 45 degree angles. They can be used to mount a mini red dot, such as the one Primary Arms sells. They can also be removed, but you will need to heat the mounting screws with a soldering iron first to break loose the thread locker that is on them. I think I may just leave them on there.

First shots were low and to the right. I made the adjustment firs on the windage. Got that centered and then adjusted the elevation. I was shooting on the 50 yard line so I was aiming at the center of the target and adjusting the scope to hit a little low for a 100 yard zero. Next trip out I'll "fine tune" it shooting at 100 yards.

IMG_20120918_144424.jpg

The adjustment caps are secured by means of a wire that captures each cap and runs through a small loop on the scope body. Nice touch, no more lost caps. Included are flip up covers, something you usually have to add yourself.
    The adjustment turrets have a nice positive "click" to them, no mushy feel like some other "low cost" scopes I've seen.

All in all this is a great fixed powered scope for the money.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    wow...ask and you shall receive!

very nice review
    iv been thinking of getting one as well
    have you tried removing it and replacing it to see if it still holds zero?

Top Bottom