• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I was resizing some .223 brass today when I pulled the rim off of a case and got it stuck in the sizing die. I figured while I was getting it out I could do a quick write up on the RCBS Stuck Case Remover.

Let me start off by saying I never had one until I needed it, and now it has saved me 3 times. There's nothing more frustrating than having a hang up in the middle of reloading, especially when it's something like a stuck case that you can't get out.

The whole operation takes less than 5 minutes and will have you back up and running in no time.

Here's the package it comes in,

Here are the contents,

Stuck case (notice the torn rim),

First step is to pull the decapping pin and drill out the primer pocket (being careful not to break through and hit the other side of your die)

Drilled out pocket,

Next, tap the hole,

Tapped hole,

Then, using the screw and cylinder piece, thread the screw into the tapped hole and turn it with the Allen wrench.

Once you feel it "pop" just lift up, and you will have your removed case ;)

Hopefully some of you find this helpful. I'll finish by saying that I think is one tool that every reloader may not need, but is one that every reloader should have. Nobody wants to have a day of reloading ruined by die that is suddenly useless.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Nice write up. I've had a couple of handgun cases get stuck and I was able to get them out with a pair of side cutters. I might spring for this or at least borrow the idea and use tools I already have on hand.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I might spring for this or at least borrow the idea and use tools I already have on hand.
    You can use an appropriate 3/8 size socket for the cup piece. 14-20 tap and drill and bolt are the only other things needed.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Yes, it would be very easy to make your own set up. At the time I bought mine I had no idea what came in it. For what it costs, I don't mind since I got it all in one package with an rcbs warranty behind it.

Top Bottom