• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've posted a review of the Ruger LC9 pistol. Questions and comments welcome.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jZXBWF3Mjs]YouTube - Review: Ruger LC9 pistol[/ame]

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Thanks for the review. I'd really like to get my hands on one of these to check out the size. I just want to make sure it's enough smaller than my SR9c to warrant a new purchase. You wouldn't happen to have access to a SR9c for comparison pics would ya?

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I have one coming. I saw one vid were a guy was shooting left handed and kept hitting the mag release. I shoot left and hope not to have the same problem. Going to watch your vid now.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks for the review. I'd really like to get my hands on one of these to check out the size. I just want to make sure it's enough smaller than my SR9c to warrant a new purchase. You wouldn't happen to have access to a SR9c for comparison pics would ya?

LC9-SR9ccomparison-1.jpg

dsells13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Lafayette
    Fantastic review! Thank you! I am looking to get my wife either a LC9 or a S&W Bodyguard .380. I was just curious, how is the trigger on this gun? Is it a long trigger pull, like the LCP?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That was excellent. Very well made with high quality video and audio. Nice to watch a video review that you can clearly see the item being reviewed. That showed me all I would ever want to know about the LC9 before a purchase. Thanks for posting.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Fantastic review! Thank you! I am looking to get my wife either a LC9 or a S&W Bodyguard .380. I was just curious, how is the trigger on this gun? Is it a long trigger pull, like the LCP?

It's very similar to the LCP. From what I see, the LC9 is simply an upsized LCP, with a few minor changes (loaded chamber indicator, different take down, safety). It's not a bad trigger, but it's certainly not a match trigger. It feels relatively light but the length of pull is long, it must travel all the way rearward before it releases.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Thanks for the review. I like the internal keyed lock. That'd make a perfect decoy for a BG breaking into your home. Lay that gun out with that lock engaged and watch them fumble with it wondering why the heck it won't fire before you put two into their chest.

Does the lock keep the slide from working or just the trigger?

Oh, and I love the BMG outro.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I hate mag safety guns....I love my Kel-Tec P11, also I've used the second strike at the range with a batch of old surplus ammo, went bang the second time!....Yes mag safeties are good for keeping the mag in your pocket and the gun having a round in the chamber for when kids are around, but I'll just keep my gun on me! good review though

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    Great review, I am gonna have one soon. The first thing to go will be the Mag safety, silly to have a gun that cannot fire with the mag out..just sayin'!!

Top Bottom