• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Hey question that has been bugging me ever since they came out..... Why is the gas block such a off color silver?

P.S. You ever have any trouble through your TA01NSN?
    I believe it's so that you may clean it more easily and without damaging the finish.

I've not had any problem with m ACOG, why? Have you had issues with them?

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    The SCAR looks great though. I havent picked one up but the gas block just bothered me, looking kinda silver compared to the rest of the gun. As for the TA01NSN, I had problems within 200 rounds and bad customer service. I would love to have a SCAR with the extended rail.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The SCAR looks great though. I havent picked one up but the gas block just bothered me, looking kinda silver compared to the rest of the gun. As for the TA01NSN, I had problems within 200 rounds and bad customer service. I would love to have a SCAR with the extended rail.
    What were your problems with the TA01? Was it not holding zero? Just curious.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I decided to give the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 a try. They're new comers to the long range scope market but they have a great lifetime warranty and I've yet to find a bad review of them. Everyone says they're worth twice as much as they sell for. I paid $699 with shipping from Optics Planet. I will mount it via a Larue 104 quick detach mount.

I'm an old Leupold fan and I've also been a fan of Nightforce... I gave them a try when they were relative new comers years ago and they turned out to be top of the line. I'm hoping Vortex follows a similar path.

The PST has a zero stop and illuminated reticule which are features on scopes costing much more than I paid.

I'll let you guys know how the scope works out and how the SCAR shoots with proper glass on it.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    loved the review!!! i just wish the price would come down. 2k would be a much better number and sell more units. were is the best place to pick one up here in indiana (price wise)?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    They're hard to find, believe it or not. So most people buy them online and over pay just to have one. I bought mine from Blythes for $2700 which is only about $200 over MSRP. Some people are paying far more.

Top Bottom