• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I finally had the time to take my XDS to the range. You did such a good job on your review that I just want to add my experience. My results pretty much mirror yours.

The gun is very accurate and much easier to shoot than a small .45 has a right to be. It was 100 % reliable and has a pretty good trigger. The reset is short and pretty quick.

I will need to get some extended mags if I am going to qualify with it as an off-duty weapon. I would also like to get some night sights for it.

Great handgun overall!

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I finally found one yesterday afternoon at Phoenix Guns in Columbus. It was $577 after tax. The owner said they get them regularly but it sells almost as soon as it goes in the case. Hopefully I can get out this weekend to shoot it.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Just a quick update - The gun is still 100%. I probably have upwards of 700 rounds through it at this point. I am completely comfortable with using it for my EDC. Get yourself one today!!! (But NOT at Big-R......Seriously!)

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I just picked one up yesterday. My boyfriend bought one a few months ago and immediately decided he didn't like it. I really liked it but ended up selling it on the forum. Got the itch for one and picked one up. Have yet to shoot it but I'm sure it will be fine if it performs like the last one. Ordered some rubber talon grips for it as I don't really care for the grip.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Those grips ARE pretty aggressive - although most people probably don't shoot thier XDs like I do mine....I treat her like a range gun! 200+ rounds generally every time I go out. I have resorted to wearing thin fingerless gloves while shooting it for extended periods otherwise that stippling will chew you up!

Of course, some of that shooting is out of sheer frustration at the fact that my Colt Commander is currently in the shop after losing it's SECOND front sight during a recoil sequence.... :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Top Bottom