• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    My pt1911 came with Novak 3 dots. It says right on the rear sight NOVAK. Now my pt145 compact pro has straight 8s on it that until now apparently I was shooting wrong.I was shooting at the 6 like you would with 3 dots. Thanks for the sight aligent clear up.now the pt1911 also said it came with S8s but I got novaks. I know of a few people that got the 8s but also others who got novaks so maybe is w/e they have in the parts bin?????? My 1911 is a beast but the finish is Comming off and I noticed surface rust so it's goin off to get refinished here soon.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    I've never heard it called hillbilly carry, but that is funny. My friend who lives in South America calls it Columbian Carry.

LoL. I'm just speculating. I don't have many friends that own guns, I just moved to Indiana not too long ago. So I don't know the terminology. I'm also a first time gun owner myself. That's why I joined this site, to get educated and meet people who love guns just as much as I do.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Great review. I have always thought Taurus was an underrated maker. The produce a lot of good stuff.

bigkstout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    sights

Fixed: Novaks - 3 dot system
    Front: Square, dovetailed to slide, attached with set screw
    Rear: Square notch, dovetailed to slide, attached with set screw

I am New to this Forum, and just Got A 24/7 Pro DS 9mm the above is right out of the owners book that came with it, I havnt been to the range yet But I am Excited about taking this out and Putting a few rounds through it. I will post what the "new" guy thinks about this pistol .

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Another person sounding off to say mine has the "8" sight as well. Mine is a 45. I love it. It's my go to for daily carry.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I had a 24/7 in .45; it was great. Only sold it to finance other purchases. My father has one identical to the one pictured in this review; he has had zero issues with it so far.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mine is a 24/7 OSS DS in .40S&W. 5"bbl Desert Earth frame w/ stainless slide, Novaks 3-dot sights.

I like it a lot, but it's too big for me to carry in the waist-band. Shoulder-rig only for me.

The ergonomics of the grips are fantastic. for me anyway. YMMV

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nice review!

I've got the 24/7 OSS in .45ACP...and I'll probably never get rid of it. It's a fantastic gun. The trigger does take some getting used to. For me though it's worth getting used to because (to lift from Mgderf's post :D ) "The ergonomics of the grips are fantastic. for me anyway. YMMV"

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like a good gun for the price, looks easy to conceal and break down to clean. After reading this i am interested in one.

I have one. Probably the same model as shown in the review because I have the three-dot sites. It performs just as described in this review. Excellent pistol. Excellent review.

Top Bottom