• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ended using a variation of Ed’s Red and it’s all clean and sitting back in the safe now. It takes a lot longer to clean a revolver but it sure does give time to appreciate the things.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You are doing great, Vic.

I am somewhere in the middle in this group.

Just get that forcing cone, crane & ejector rod (especially the end where it locks in) and top of the frame in addition to what you are doing.

Light oil (maybe 2 drops) on the crane, inside hammer and behind the trigger.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You have the right idea, IMHO. Twenty-two revolvers (and all other varieties of .22 handguns) don't need their bores brushed, just the charging holes in the cylinder. Using a .25 caliber bore brush on the cylinder holes works pretty well. I use Hoppe's Elite products. I clean and dry under the extractor star (double action). I use a lot of wooden toothpicks to get at the nooks and crannies. For guns I regularly take to the range, I only clean after about 500-600 rounds. For those I depend upon for defense, I clean after every range session. For those I'm not going to shoot for a while, I try to clean them completely before putting them away. I dislike cleaning guns, although the new striker fired pistols have spoiled me with their ease of disassembly and cleaning. Now, I absolutely hate cleaning revolvers and 1911's.

Top Bottom