• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I like the old S&W's, but in my opinion price on the new guns is way too high and the quality is not what it should be. If you can live with the price & closely inspect before buying you might find happiness there.

Ruger's I can't comment on, always wanted one but that is it.

Three of us were shooting a friends Taurus a while back, can't remember the model number but 38-357 4 inch. We were all very impressed with the accuracy of that gun and ended up competing to see who could drive one of those round target balls the farthest down range. Fun and nicely priced is a good combination.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    If you got this WC GP100 for that price you got a SWEET deal! That is on my list but I can't even find one.
    x2

Taurus model 66 4"

Many people bash these but even more have had no problems.

Its on my list of guns to get, Ill bet $400 Ill have no problems
    with it.

Jimmy
    bought my mother a 38 taurus. very happy with it

I like the old S&W's, but in my opinion price on the new guns is way too high and the quality is not what it should be. If you can live with the price & closely inspect before buying you might find happiness there.

Ruger's I can't comment on, always wanted one but that is it.

Three of us were shooting a friends Taurus a while back, can't remember the model number but 38-357 4 inch. We were all very impressed with the accuracy of that gun and ended up competing to see who could drive one of those round target balls the farthest down range. Fun and nicely priced is a good combination.

i could live with 450-475

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Love my GP100. Got it for $475. And Santa (DoggyMama) got me new cross-draw Bianchi holster for it for Christmas! :D

IMG_1756.jpg
    man thats sexyi like the non "classic" colors on guns

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    I have a Dan Wesson 357 with 6 in barrel and pachmyer grips, wouldn't trade it for the world. Any of the listed above would be great, if I didn't have one I would look at the sp101.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Gunman41mag, You are blessed to have a Coonan 357, it's on my list... Side note if you are interested I am looking to use one in a poster shot this summer for my Gunbunnes project... PM me if interested...

7urtle, In my opinion the Smith really is the cats meow of revolvers, depending on what you want to do with her... I also love my Ruger SP101's for everyday carry and to handle the magnums in a little package as it is. The Dan Wessons are great too but your stuck buying used at this point with them. The Taurus is a well made revolver but the trigger is hard to work with to make it more civilized in the pull and therefore at the end of my lists. If you want to try some revolvers out before you buy one PM me, you are in my neighborhood and us NWI INGOer's try to help each other out when we can...

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Ruger does make a fine revolver, as does Taurus. If you have no basis for comparison you would do fine to take either one home with you. Just do yourself a favor and steer clear of smiths after making that choice, you will start to regret the decision. My wife owns a Ruger and Taurus revolver, and is tickled pink with both of them (although NEITHER has the first hint of pink on them) But my first DA revolver was a smith, and have since turned into a bit of a gun snob where my revolvers is concerned. I recently brought home a Smith K frame (66-2), the store also had a Ruger SP101 for the same price, but the smith felt much smoother, and better balanced to me.

Top Bottom